Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh possibly.

Though he does have a very good relationship with Koeman by all accounts, so that may (in this entirely hypothetical situation) sway things.

Interesting that Mourinho said he wuld have used Fellaini instead of Scheniedrlin but due to his absence had no choice but to bring on Scheneiderlin instead. Shows his status in the squad really.

“Then the cross and we don't have very strong people in the air to cope with the cross and I did not have on the bench a physical player to play like I would. If I had Fellaini I would have played Fellaini for the last 10 or 15 minutes in that area.

Depends how much he wants to play and if he wants to actually have a chance of getting back into the french side, dropped from the last tournament due to not playing, don't think he's been called up sicne, so yeah basically he has to decide if he's happy playing 200 minutes a season, not playing for france, and not playing any meaningful games, take a risk on going to a new club where the same situation could happen again, or alternatively come here - where theres a huge hole in the squad in the position he plays and a manager who made him vital to his last first team when at saints and got the best footy out of him in his career.

Honestly sounds a no brainer really - big bid day 1 of the window and give him a top contract, if we fapp about then yeah we wont get him

United paid i think 27m for him when his stock was at its highest, we offered 30m for Sissoko, give united a 3m profit on a player they regard as a bust and bingo

Yep.

It appears to be a no-brainer all round, like you said.

Football doesn't usually operate with any common-sense mantra though :(

Yep.

It appears to be a no-brainer all round, like you said.

Football doesn't usually operate with any common-sense mantra though :(

True, but player is local and you assume with him having a actual gf with a proper job in manchester would like to stay local as well, worked under the manager before which is what got him his french call ups, played the best under our manager, we have a huge hole in the team, hes not rated at his current club at all, and we have been trying to buy players in that position for probably higher fees than United will be asking for him.

If he does move in January and it ends up being to someone like a Palace, West Ham etc then you will have to ask serious questions as to why on earth we haven't bought him mate

True, but player is local and you assume with him having a actual gf with a proper job in manchester would like to stay local as well, worked under the manager before which is what got him his french call ups, played the best under our manager, we have a huge hole in the team, hes not rated at his current club at all, and we have been trying to buy players in that position for probably higher fees than United will be asking for him.

If he does move in January and it ends up being to someone like a Palace, West Ham etc then you will have to ask serious questions as to why on earth we haven't bought him mate

Well, I prefer not to judge unless we're actually in for the player.

I agree in the principle, and we should be in for him, but perhaps Walsh and Koeman will have other targets in mind.

If that's the case and we get those other targets in then fine. If not though and we're left with nothing serious questions will have to be asked.

As Tupac would say... All Eyes on Steve(rhymes doesn't it Koff)
JS95393231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back