Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku was helping Koeman to push the board on signings...he hopes another few coming in...
Lukaku - “Hopefully we can turn it around with the new transfers we have done and hopefully a few more players come in... hopefully a few more come in.”
He's making it clear that he wants the board to live up to the hype and bring in more quality additions.
If they do, I'd imagine he's at least somewhat more likely to sign that contract extention though there are many other factors involved I'm sure.

My hunch is that we're targeting another 3 players. If we manage another two, I'll be made up.

Striker : we've not yet given up on Belfodil - or so say the Echo, and their story does seem to explain the facts. We're waiting to see if this is still on before we move on to other targets.

Central defender : the fact that Jagielka's been dropped, and that the club's not tried to scotch the rumours that he might be leaving, gives credence to the idea that we're trying to bring someone in. Assuming that we were interested in VVD, hopefully we've now accepted that this is not possible this window, and almost certainly not in the summer either. Kostas Manolas, anyone ?

Winger : given Bolasie's injury, and the fact that our other wingers are struggling to find form and create chances, it would be strange if we weren't looking at what's out there. And in fact we know that Depay was previously a target, so it's reasonable to assume that we want someone who can play in different forward positions.

I think there is a conflict of agreement regards who we want between koeman and walsh.
This is my fear. SW has said both have to agree but they may have somewhat conflicting agendas.
RK knows he's here short term and wants to make a big impact with older proven players like Bolassie, Sissoko + Morgan.
SW wants to spend wisely for the long term welfare of the club and looks for value and youth like Gana + Lookman though it has to be said he was looking at Bolasie when still at LCFC.
RK had a huge fallout with his DOF (Van Gaal) at Ajax saying, "We had really strong fights".
Personally I'd prefer SW to always have the final decision as I think he'd use the budget to far greater effect.

Lukaku - “Hopefully we can turn it around with the new transfers we have done and hopefully a few more players come in... hopefully a few more come in.”
He's making it clear that he wants the board to live up to the hype and bring in more quality additions.
If they do, I'd imagine he's at least somewhat more likely to sign that contract extention though there are many other factors involved I'm sure.

Romelu just wants us to buy his replacement quickly so he can sign the lease on a fancy palace overlooking Montmarte.

Some conflict between SW and RK is inevitable, it's even healthy as long as both men respect the other and maintain professionalism.
They are paid well enough and there shouldn't be an issue unless one or both men use the press for their own purposes.
We would be poorer if there was no questioning of opinion and constant groupthink. I hope we have left that era behind.

Williams 10m
Bolasie 28m
DCL 1.5m (?)
Lookman 11m
Scheids 22m
total 72.5m
When you add in the Gana fee that's approx an £80m spend. Williams was a direct replacement for Stones so that means RK has already pretty much been given £70m to improve the team in the few months he's been here.
Moyes and Martinez will be turning in their graves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back