Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Iker Muniain getting a tentative mention on a rumour site. No link, just a name thrown in that we are apparently interested in.

Lad looked absolutely brilliant a few years back against United when Bielsa managed Bilbao.

Isn't he suuposed to be a bit of a nob/unproffesional though? Doesnt sound like a Koeman type player personality wise

I've heard we are being shown/offered derlish gonzalez. Thoughts?
Looks like Tim Cahill....i'm in.
308229.webp

...not sure about his character, Stevon but he can play. Probably all jarg anyway.

Aye mate, havent seen him in ages tbh as dont watch as much footy as i used to, but that Bilbao team was brilliant to watch 5-6 years ago

Just checking on him then, he busted his knee a year and a half ago

Almost looked like we had been training to defend against just that threat didnt it?

Honestly i doubt we did, don't get me wrong Koeman will have covered the bases and worked on positioning for set plays and Lodewijks will work the GKs on claiming the ball from out wide but i'm fairly certain Joel had an almost identical game against Palace last season under Martinez and Begara's coaching where he looked light years ahead of Howard for commanding the area and we got a 0-0 result with 10 men.

We've played plenty of direct teams this season and last and in both the only GK who has continually shown the confidence and ability to read the cross is Joel. If it was something we regularly work on Stek would have done it early in the season but he has always favoured standing on his line, to me it looks like GK preference.

...Iker Muniain getting a tentative mention on a rumour site. No link, just a name thrown in that we are apparently interested in.
He burst on the scene and looked a worldly,he got an injury and hasn't really kicked on it would be a strange one for me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back