Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he really slow?

It was impression I had.
You would think, and in isolation he looks slow and/or lumbering, but it doesn't seem to hinder his play, and he seems to be where he needs to be when he needs to be there. My guess is that due to his size he appears cumbersome, but actually moves fairly well for a bigger fella.

This is the big bloke who took the ball the length of the pitch against us and had me yelling at the TV.....

I'm not saying we should prioritize him or even necessarily target him, but he does seem an interesting player. We certainly don't have anyone with his level of physicality and he did not look outmatched against either us or Chelsea.

You would think, and in isolation he looks slow and/or lumbering, but it doesn't seem to hinder his play, and he seems to be where he needs to be when he needs to be there. My guess is that due to his size he appears cumbersome, but actually moves fairly well for a bigger fella.

This is the big bloke who took the ball the length of the pitch against us and had me yelling at the TV.....

I'm not saying we should prioritize him or even necessarily target him, but he does seem an interesting player. We certainly don't have anyone with his level of physicality and he did not look outmatched against either us or Chelsea.

Fair points.

I was screaming at the telly too.

Fast brain beats fast legs (if he has a fast brain).

Without looking this has got to be about Harry Maguire.
In truth he is doing well now he is having a decent run, but Phelan didn't rate him and only got to play him due to injuries.
Hope this is about Maguire :blush:

I know what you mean but after the spanish kid going to arsenal in the summer I think its going to be all very cloak and dagger this time around.
Yeah I remember that very well, one of my best friends is a Arsenal fan and we both talked about that. Arsenal said they had no interest in him, then we hint at wanting him and boom they sign him... ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back