Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The City kid was mentioned in the Telegraph on Saturday going so far as to say he was "Everton bound" in the summer.
So maybe something in this after all.

Celtic sniffing round too, who can offer him "guaranteed" first team football, champions league (group stage anyway), experience in front of a big crowd.
I could see them getting him with the selling point of look how higher Dembele's stock has risen being an important peice of that team as opposed to being a bit part in a Spurs squad.

I could also see him signing a new contract and getting a loan out to celtic due to there relationship of loaning out hte likes of Deneyar and Patrick Roberts to them

Wrestling Adarabioyo away from City could turn into an interesting statement (for lack of a better word) for Everton. In a loose way, it's almost doubling down on the confidence shown in Holgate, Davies and Lookman this month.

"You're young, you're British, now go boss the Premier League" isn't something that's been heard for quite awhile it seems.

Celtic sniffing round too, who can offer him "guaranteed" first team football, champions league (group stage anyway), experience in front of a big crowd.
I could see them getting him with the selling point of look how higher Dembele's stock has risen being an important peice of that team as opposed to being a bit part in a Spurs squad.

I could also see him signing a new contract and getting a loan out to celtic due to there relationship of loaning out hte likes of Deneyar and Patrick Roberts to them

I know the clear success of Rodgers reign is a whole new state of affairs but I think this years group stage is their first in three years so hardly guaranteed . Obviously Financially Scottish football can't compete and despite the huge crowds I'm not sure how attractive visits to ICT Or Ross county would be to an ambitious young player .

The only thing you'd assume they could realistically offer is potentially offer is first team football , I honestly don't know enough about the lad to know if he's good enough to go straight in there or here . In reality though if we can't compete with Scottish teams then we are in a world of trouble .

I know the clear success of Rodgers reign is a whole new state of affairs but I think this years group stage is their first in three years so hardly guaranteed . Obviously Financially Scottish football can't compete and despite the huge crowds I'm not sure how attractive visits to ICT Or Ross county would be to an ambitious young player .

The only thing you'd assume they could realistically offer is potentially offer is first team football , I honestly don't know enough about the lad to know if he's good enough to go straight in there or here . In reality though if we can't compete with Scottish teams then we are in a world of trouble .

Interesting.... City could see what Celtic have done with Dembele - sell for a nominal fee and insert a 35% sell on clause, or indeed a buy-back clause (alá Deulofeu and Barca). Also means a rival doesnt get the player. That's what I would do.

A bit quiet in here,so thought I would share this. Everton to go nuts in the last week of transfer window and sign Manolas for 30 mil rising to 35 in add ons, Rooney for 30 mil and Jan oblak for 25 mil possibly rising to 32 with the rest paid in the summer.

Kone to be sold for 4 mil to qpr which will mean a cut down in wages

Taken from Sky Rumours some bloke called Tom Floyd ITK ???

Depends though, he doesnt have to move and the Standard of footballers he would be l training with and playing against will be a lot higher. Plus when Denayer came back hoping to feature, he was shifted off to Sunderland.

I think we would have the advantage, esp with Koeman being a top defender himself

Interesting.... City could see what Celtic have done with Dembele - sell for a nominal fee and insert a 35% sell on clause, or indeed a buy-back clause (alá Deulofeu and Barca). Also means a rival doesnt get the player. That's what I would do.

If he wants to go to Scotland still stands though doesn't it ? Because his contract is up in the summer so the kid holds all the aces.

Champions League and guaranteed at least 1 winners medal a season playing in front of £60k mad fans every week does have it's appeal though?

But surely playing under one of the greatest ever defenders, the "everton project" with the new ground, premier league, international ambitions (he is English but with that name probably qualifies elsewhere) etc we are a bigger pull surely?

A bit quiet in here,so thought I would share this. Everton to go nuts in the last week of transfer window and sign Manolas for 30 mil rising to 35 in add ons, Rooney for 30 mil and Jan oblak for 25 mil possibly rising to 32 with the rest paid in the summer.

Rooney for 30m?? PLEASE tell me that's a bad joke.
Other than that, not bad. Good keeper, great defender.

His family all live in Manchester.. The lad wants his future assured with a route to first team football.

I dont see why he would want to stay at city only to be loaned out to a sub par league and just be another pawn in city's books.

We are the Best option for him.

Or City just offer him £50k a week and loan him out? :rant:
One way to work around FFP i would imagine. give new contracts to your youth players putting them on 20 grand a week but loan them out to another club who will pay that the whole time. Once you sell that player on, your wage bill increases by 20k each time without ever selling a first team member, as long aas you have free wages then i imagine it would work,

Depends though, he doesnt have to move and the Standard of footballers he would be l training with and playing against will be a lot higher. Plus when Denayer came back hoping to feature, he was shifted off to Sunderland.

Exactly he can test himself in the premier league or against lads signed from Wrexham and Cliftonville .

I can't honestly imagine if we're seriously interested it's a tough choice and that's not being disrespectful just an assessment of where Scottish football is .

Ian Oblak is class. Pure class!
Dream on, dreamer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back