Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get another thing straight here, Kone and Niasse are even more rubbish than Anichebe and Naismith.

The fact is we are worse off both in terms of playing staff and to the tune of 4 million quid as a result. I'd swap Kone and Niasse for Naismith and Anichebe without a moment's hesitation because we'd be better off for doing so.

Not really the point though is it?

Ignore the rather dodgy replacements. Would you, at the time, have turned down £6m for Vic and what £8m for Naismith?

I know I wouldn't have.

Spending 60m on Van Dijk would be criminal, he's not exactly flawless, I'd like to think we've a decent enough scouting network to get a couple of centre halves for that kind of money, because we need more than one imo.

IN:
Tom Heaton (GK)
VVD (CB)
Rooney (ST/AM)
Depay (Winger) Loan
and get Tom Davies in the starting 11 playing regular. That will improve the team massively until the summer...
OUT:
Mirallas
Robles
Niasse
Gibson
My realistic January wish list!!

No we wouldnt though.

None of them would be in the team. None of them are good enough for what we want to be.

I like Naismith's work rate but he is a very limited footballer. Anichebe actually has a bit of ability but he has the heart of a mouse.

How about we have none of them and get someone better?

....yep, just about right. We are considering who is least good enough when the challenge is to bring in top footballers.

3 bench warmers that would make a difference to our starting 11:
Fabregas
Oxlaid-Chamberlain
Depay

Obviously very low chance of this happening but that's my wish list. Oh and a keeper but can't think of any decent keeper we could get in Jan

60m for Van Dirge, hahaha, you people are MENTAL

I don't really care about prices anymore tbh. Moshiri's right, it's monopoly money, it's meaningless. Only thing worth looking at is: would they improve the team, would they come to us, are they the best choice out of the players in their position that would come to us?

I'd say vvd has a shout for fulfilling those criteria so I'd be very happy if we got him and not fussed how much he costs.

I don't really care about prices anymore tbh. Moshiri's right, it's monopoly money, it's meaningless. Only thing worth looking at is: would they improve the team, would they come to us, are they the best choice out of the players in their position that would come to us?

I'd say vvd has a shout for fulfilling those criteria so I'd be very happy if we got him and not fussed how much he costs.
Crazy how people on here didn't want him when he was at Celtic, but were made up when we signed funes Mori for nearly the same money. Hindsight is a great thing...

Going to be like most transfer windows some quality linked early on.
Lukaku strongly linked with a move away, ends up staying.
Some decent links half way through and then we will get all excitedly transfer deadline day only to get Koumas and Dickov in on loan.

Please don't take the above seriously.

I watched him for Holland once, he was rank, ive caught glimpses and hes never impressed me.

Be interesting to catch him for 90mins tomorrow.

Im not convinced hes any good personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back