Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we wouldnt though.

None of them would be in the team. None of them are good enough for what we want to be.

I like Naismith's work rate but he is a very limited footballer. Anichebe actually has a bit of ability but he has the heart of a mouse.

How about we have none of them and get someone better?

Of course none of them are good enough for what we want to be, but it is nonsense to say we would be no better off than we are now if we swapped Kone and Niasse for Anichebe and Naismith. With either of Anichebe or Naismith in the squad, we could actually consider substituting Lukaku towards the end of games without having to totally change the system that we play. If Lukaku gets injured- what are would our options be?

Ideally yes, have none and get better players.

Not really the point though is it?

Ignore the rather dodgy replacements. Would you, at the time, have turned down £6m for Vic and what £8m for Naismith?

I know I wouldn't have.

The point I made was that in terms of striking options, thanks to our transfer dealings we are worse off than we were both in terms of playing staff and money. I'll be happy to ignore the dodgy replacements when we actually have some players in the squad to play up front and are better than our current back up options.

I didn't say that I would have turned down those deals, I said that, right now, if I could swap Kone and Niasse for Anichebe and Naismith, then I would.

In short - read the info minge.

Yeah for sure, not someone we should be aiming for with our current aspirations but I think he wouldn't be a bad squad player for a season or 2 provided the fee was nominal
I'd much rather give Holgate or Galloway the place. Jags appears to be on the decline, Funes is error prone so there is definitely going to be opportunities for some one.

It's the one place we don't have to address in the January window.

The point I made was that in terms of striking options, thanks to our transfer dealings we are worse off than we were both in terms of playing staff and money. I'll be happy to ignore the dodgy replacements when we actually have some players in the squad to play up front and are better than our current back up options.

I didn't say that I would have turned down those deals, I said that, right now, if I could swap Kone and Niasse for Anichebe and Naismith, then I would.

In short - read the info minge.

In short we'd all have sold those players for the prices offered. And thats what happened.

I'd have Barlow and Angel ahead of Niasse and Kone.

I'd much rather give Holgate or Galloway the place. Jags appears to be on the decline, Funes is error prone so there is definitely going to be opportunities for some one.

It's the one place we don't have to address in the January window.
Mate I totally agree with that, id be daft not to. But I do think McCauley wouldn't be a bad shout for a cheap squad player, considering Ron prefers experience over youth etc.

Here's a point.

If Moshiri was around the club for 12 months plus before he joined us why did we not buy players before knowing prices were going to rise so much, especially as bill and him were so close. Surely they knew players were going to rise so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back