Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mate, I was just answering the question Paul Bernard asked. At the end of the day (I know there is still a week left) but considering for most of the season, and before the Man City game the consensus seemed to be that we supposedly needed at least 5 in, and whilst Lookman looks an exciting buy he is still a 19 yo lad who we don't know yet how he will adjust to the prem league long term. So in all reality the only experienced player with quality we have brought in is Schneiderlin. Also, getting rid of Niasse and Cleverley is deffo a success.

I dont really expect anything more this month, but I hope Koeman/Walsh/Moshiri share this consensus.

I am always worried as an Evertonian that an upturn in results and emergence of local talent (Davies) negates the need for signings.

Still think we need 5 and more often than not, signing prospects can't be counted towards that figure, though Lookman may prove to be an exception, and a very fine one at that.

We will still need to be active in the summer to give us a fighting chance of keeping pace. I hope they all share that view.

... I am still in amazement that our biggest ITK is from a Nandos... I guess I am going to have to go to the one near my house now and see if I can get any info... although I am in Washington DC so that wouldn't probably get me info, just chicken

The Nandos here in the DMV are garbage, you're better off at McDonald's.

I dont really expect anything more this month, but I hope Koeman/Walsh/Moshiri share this consensus.

I am always worried as an Evertonian that an upturn in results and emergence of local talent (Davies) negates the need for signings.

Still think we need 5 and more often than not, signing prospects can't be counted towards that figure, though Lookman may prove to be an exception, and a very fine one at that.

We will still need to be active in the summer to give us a fighting chance of keeping pace. I hope they all share that view.

Think that's when we'll see the bulk of our dealings done mate, so not expecting much more myself this window.

Anybody rate Wayne Hennessay? He's out of contract in the summer and he's only 29.

Big Nev said we should get Hennessey when doing the Euros in 2016.
I reckon we could do a lot worse than take his advice.
That is, unless we break the bank and get in somebody for around £25m like Hart or Leno.

So not once were you ever nervous about opening twitter and seeing Niasse's name on the bench? I bloody was

Must admit I liked seeing him at the back end of last season, he injected some much needed comedy into a pathetically depressing moment in time. There was never any danger of seeing him this season, Koeman came in and told him to get out of the club after 45 minutes.

Well that's that sorted then! Who do you rate?

I rate a few keepers mate for different reasons.

I've happened to see Hennessey when he was at wolves and a fair bit of him at international level for Wales, And then in the premier league at palace.

He is very bog standard, hes absolutely not better than Joel. Dont let his one wonder game against us fool you.

In the premier league, outside the top six who do I rate?

I rate Adrian for his shot stopping, not convinced on other areas of his game but hes solid.

Then there is obvious shouts of Heaton who is fairly well rounded but not the most commanding keeper in the world.

Pickford obviously has talent but hasnt got to the point where he can come and collect crosses easily or boss his defense around.

I'd wait until butland is fit in the summed and go for him, pending medical on his injury.

Thats just premier league alone, there's other keepers out there.

If Burnley really have bid ten million for snodgrass, I think we should test the water on a bid for Keane and get it done early. They can't be flush...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back