Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this as well, as in the Stones money if we dont spend it this window under FFP we cant carry it over on to the next season, so spend it now or lose it as far as transfers go.

If this is the case why don't we put in some bids for Taylor (Leeds) and Dembele (Celtic) and let them keep the players til the summer to make sure we seal the deal?
We can also stick a bid in for Wilson or Afobe (Bournmouth) or Haller (Utrecht) as back up to Lukaku now.
Then in the summer concentrate our funds on a top goalkeeper, top play maker and top centre back.

If this is the case why don't we put in some bids for Taylor (Leeds) and Dembele (Celtic) and let them keep the players til the summer to make sure we seal the deal?
We can also stick a bid in for Wilson or Afobe (Bournmouth) or Haller (Utrecht) as back up to Lukaku now.
Then in the summer concentrate our funds on a top goalkeeper, top play maker and top centre back.

Benik Afobe?

Good grief. That's up there.

I too thought that was the plan,spend it or lose it.

Yeah some will 100% never accept Koeman purely for being the man who followed there idol, bit sad really

Anyways 25m bid for Dolberg, his forms been crap lately, so theyd snap our hands off

Then go buy Dzagoev

VVD bid on him, injured ankle or not

and then go get Kessie just for the laughs to show we are loaded

wakes up ...

First pro season, half way through, 18-years old, form dips so they'd snap our hand off for £25m???????????? Kinda logic is that.

Same here mate. I can remember thinking to myself at the time that the lad hasn't just taken the easy option and signed a new contract, but has gambled by trying to get first team footy somewhere else.

I thought he deserved credit for that.

He turned down a guaranteed contract to pursue first team football on lower wages.

I had watched him play for the youth team a couple of times the previous season and I thought his attitude was really poor.

I hope he has found some humility during his ban and becomes a positive role model for our younger players, if he hasn't his presence could be toxic.

Dutch league is as dodgy as they come.

Wouldn't Want to throw big bucks at any striker in that league

Nah Dolberg seems to have a lot more about his game than just finishing though mate, the ones who bombed out the most where the ones bought just on their out and out goalscoring rates in Holland.

His scoring rate for the league isn't actually anything outstanding really (then again he's bloody 18)

Nah Dolberg seems to have a lot more about his game than just finishing though mate, the ones who bombed out the most where the ones bought just on their out and out goalscoring rates in Holland.

His scoring rate for the league isn't actually anything outstanding really (then again he's bloody 18)

I still get a little stiffy when I watch that back headed goal he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back