Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone actually think that the possibility that this WRD is just guessing at whats going on?

"20 million for a british based striker, but weather we can complete a move is hit and miss"

Covering himself there but giving enough info to make people think he is itk.

Why would the only info he gets is the fee and him being british based?

If it was a true enough case a journalist like paul joyce would of picked it up.

1 second its VVD & Mertens, then its a 20million striker and Keane, and now Manolos!

"Fire enough shots, eventually you will hit something"

Like saying Schneiderlin was done and wearing the number 2 about 4 days before he signed.

Full disclosure......I know nothing. But, from the AGM they said that they expected wages to rise by 500k a week. With all the deadwood that we have shifted this window, surely there must be a few surprises up the boards sleeves before this window closes. I don't think we'll plug all the gaps that we want eg a keeper, but we must surely be aiming for another 2 to 3 players to get somewhere near that expected wage increase.

I do find it funny that despite only signing a few players since the summer (one of which is crocked for the next 10-12 months) and shifting loads of players out, it's the first time in years where I struggle to fit everyone I rate into a first 11. The last 3 years the first 11 has picked itself, now I can't fit all the midfielders I rate in one team. I'd say that is progress.

Anyone actually think that the possibility that this WRD is just guessing at whats going on?

"20 million for a british based striker, but weather we can complete a move is hit and miss"

If it was a true enough case a journalist like paul joyce would of picked it up.

1 second its VVD & Mertens, then its a 20million striker and Keane, and now Manolos!

Him saying Schneiderlin was going to sign and be No.2 a week before he did was proof enough for me. Plus he said last week Gibson to Sunderland.

I'm guessing you haven't seen the thread of all the things he has got right including Schneiderlin exact fee and number 2 shirt wayyyy in advance being his last one

Nope. He's 100% ITK. check his record.

To be fair to him and any potential ITK - transfer targets are a bit of a poisoned chalice to talk about

Let's say we put a bid in or talk to the respective clubs about VVD and Mertens, but the bids are rejected or we are told in no uncertain terms that neither player is available until the summer at the earliest - ITK guy posts about it, which may well be true, but we don't sign them, ITK guy suddenly looks less credible.

Same applies today - perhaps we are trying to sign these players. We would probably never confirm it if we don't, but ITK guy looks less credible if we don't get them, despite it being entirely possible that we were trying to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back