Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not happy with Enner Valencia being the second choice striker at the club. He should be about 4th choice at a club like this.

I wonder if we will see him again, he did okish when he played but not enough for a 15m price tag, but maybe needed some more game time. If RK has already decided he is going back in the summer we might not see him again anyway

Everton boss Ronald Koeman also spoke about Darron Gibson and Bryan Oviedo, who are set to join Sunderland.

He said: "Oviedo it was difficult. He is the back-up for Leighton Baines. He is a perfect professional. He wants a new challenge to play at Sunderland.

"I had told him no way, no chance, but I changed my mind. I don’t know if it’s the best solution but I like the boy, he was working hard and he wanted to play.

"If we get a problem at that position we have some good young ones.

"We know what we want, if we don’t get the players we want we won’t just sign players to get numbers in. They must bring lots of qualities to the team. We can wait until the summer."

That bit underlined is amazing! especially since this

I wonder if we will see him again, he did okish when he played but not enough for a 15m price tag, but maybe needed some more game time. If RK has already decided he is going back in the summer we might not see him again anyway

Imagine him leading the line if anything happens to Rom.

Imagine anybody BUT Rom leading the line and then cry when Ronny says we arent bringing anybody else in.

This dude would need shielding in our league. I love watching him play but can't see where he'd fit. If he goes across the park I'll have a little cry though. Kessie seems far more of an "Everton" player.
You don't see him as a fit with Ross behind Rom?

I could see him in a 5-2-3 maybe. Again, haven't seen him play much, just going on what you can tell in highlights in terms of his skills.

Again, hate to say it, but Yarmolenko is a really good fit for what we need.

Imagine him leading the line if anything happens to Rom.

Imagine anybody BUT Rom leading the line and then cry when Ronny says we arent bringing anybody else in.

I know, but it's not like we have to play with a single striker like that. Get another attacking option and just need a different formation.

Honestly, you are correct, it's a ridiculous replacement, but he's a hard guy to replace. And we are talking about a backup, which would probably require big $$$$.

We will if Rom doesn't play 38 games

I know, but it's not like we have to play with a single striker like that. Get another attacking option and just need a different formation.

Honestly, you are correct, it's a ridiculous replacement, but he's a hard guy to replace. And we are talking about a backup, which would probably require big $$$$.

Yeah but in our 3-5-2 we dont need a Rom replacement, we ideally need a Rom partner.

You don't see him as a fit with Ross behind Rom?

I could see him in a 5-2-3 maybe. Again, haven't seen him play much, just going on what you can tell in highlights in terms of his skills.

Again, hate to say it, but Yarmolenko is a really good fit for what we need.

Erm tough to say really, he's not amazingly mobile. He was at his best last season for Empoli playing at the base of the diamond because his vision and passing is brilliant. Got the talent to be an attacking mid but never seen him there so can't say if it's a good fit.

Newcastle still interested in signing Macca - Sky. If we play this really well, and get a little lucky, we just might end up with a 0 net spend again. :-)
Seriously with all the players being farmed out our wage bill must be going down not up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back