Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must be the most underwhelming welcome for new signings ever:

"Every player coming into Sunderland is a bit of a gamble. We could not get an absolute nailed-on player, I do not think that is the case. I made that clear although I may not have expressed it that well but that is what I was trying to say .

"But if I get Bryan, I will be really happy . He is a good player, and I am happy with Darron as well.

"I would always like to think I could do much better. There have been players I wanted, but have not been able to attract. But I am looking forward to getting a couple of new faces in."

Must be the most underwhelming welcome for new signings ever......"

Do you remember when Moyes 'finally' landed Anderson De Silva at Everton, saying words to the effect...."he is a player we were interested in a year ago because of what we wanted then but less so now".

Selling these two and offloading Niasse and Cleverly makes me just as happy as any signing. Getting rid of the dead wood - brilliant. Well played Ronald!
I'm happy to see all of them leave apart from Oviedo. I can't see that we have any one as good as him to cover for Baines.
Baines is in his thirties so there's an obvious risk he'll miss some games before the end of the season. It'll cost us points if he does. Garbutt is a good crosser of the ball but he's simply not good enough as a defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back