Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the names bandied around last summer got my attention. Very disappointed when they didn't materialise for us. Not getting any hopes up for this coming window either. We may get one or two to boost the squad but big names like Mata, Fabregas etc I just don't see it. Even Depay is just another winger to add to the ineffective ones we have right now. Summer is when I foresee the wholesale changes needed, and business should be done before the season starts. Only then will I be convinced by this regime's intent (football wise). I am open to being surprised in January but not holding my breath. Actions speak louder than words.

Kolasinac is outstanding for Schalke this season , they call him the "Bosnian machine". powerful leftback. Not auch bad shout and I think he would ideal for the PL

...yep, I was reading he is playing well. Aged 23 and apparently close to the end of his contract. I saw a 'Bosnian Hulk' knickname so I think we get an understanding he's a powerful chap.

We need new LB for sure. If Koeman wants him then shall go for him in January. 6 months left in his contract.

People said January is hard to sign good players. Think about this, can we take advantage actually? There must be some good players whose contracts will be expired in 6 months time and we shall go for them at lesser costs.

Probably the same for Virge isn't it?

Actually think if the rs make a move for him then United, Chelsea and maybe even city will all go in for him, all need a top cb and it's the rs obvious weak spot so can't see any of them giving them a free pass on someone proven at this level.

Plus you reckon klopp is the type to spend 40-50m on a cb? Got my doubts about that.

Actually think if the rs make a move for him then United, Chelsea and maybe even city will all go in for him, all need a top cb and it's the rs obvious weak spot so can't see any of them giving them a free pass on someone proven at this level.

Plus us reckon klopp is the type to spend 40-50m on a cb?

Whatever happens he's not coming here. That ship has spectacularly sailed.

Nar, hes at Southampton, hes available and not on big wages.

But im pretty sure a lot of teams in Europe are interested in the lad, "bigger" clubs than us who can offer European football next season and most seasons in the future.

So whilst its not very likely, its certainly not the no chance that Mata is.

Chelsea will go for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back