Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, there's 2 players that are an absolute must if we're looking to achieve a European spot.

Van Dijk - best CH in the league at the minute.
Mata - bit of genius to link the midfield to attack, and unlocking the defence.

Yes, many more are needed. For me, those 2 need to be our priority.

For me, there's 2 players that are an absolute must if we're looking to achieve a European spot.

We have as much chance in getting Mata as we do of signing Messi.

VD will be a Liverpool player, no doubt.
As for Mata, not a chance.

Let's face it, regardless of how rich we supposedly are, we're not attractive enough to sign these players, we'll need to spot a diamond from Europe and fight the likes of S'ton and West Ham to sign them, if we saw a post on a West Ham forum where someone was saying they need to sign Mata we'd laugh our heads off at it, same goes for us, sadly.

About the only thing he can do from the little I've seen of him.
That's why I was joking. He an expert at dead ball situations but else does he offer? We need a Mata type creative player to unlock defences. Can calhonglu beat that person? I havent seen evidence to suggest he can.

Probably the same for Virge isn't it?

Nar, hes at Southampton, hes available and not on big wages.

But im pretty sure a lot of teams in Europe are interested in the lad, "bigger" clubs than us who can offer European football next season and most seasons in the future.

So whilst its not very likely, its certainly not the no chance that Mata is.

Even though this is risky, its something I would be more than happy to see.
I use the term risky, but is it really ? or are we just too scared to ditch the 4-5-1 formation we have seen for the last decade ?
It's a team actually worth going to goodison to watch, been nothing but boring the last two years and we all wonder why the atmosphere is flat.

Think we will just be trying to pick up the best players of the teams below us. January is very difficult to buy in. Nobody is going to sell their players without having replacements lined up.

Think we will just be trying to pick up the best players of the teams below us. January is very difficult to buy in. Nobody is going to sell their players without having replacements lined up.
Exactly.
If we couldn't attract players in the summer, why do people think things will be better in January? Our only hope is to find some unsettled, game starved, genius willing to come on loan to the end of the season, and take it from there.

Exactly.
If we couldn't attract players in the summer, why do people think things will be better in January? Our only hope is to find some unsettled, game starved, genius willing to come on loan to the end of the season, and take it from there.

A lot of teams would have exited Europe in January.

If we can get some freaking points and stay in with a shout of Europe we might be able to twist a few arms.

But yes, its most likely we will get players not getting a sniff in certain teams, for the record, I dont think that Bahrimi fella has played for Porto all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back