Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scherderlein, Pickford and VVD would improve our starting 11 beyond recognition. Won't happen with VVD but the other 2 would IMO be attainable and at good age

Pickford only plays a handful of games. Still have not proved enough. And kind of short for a keeper.

Pickford only plays a handful of games. Still have not proved enough. And kind of short for a keeper.
Handful of games or not, the lad is going to be a top drawer keeper. Clubs dithered over butland due to his age and lack of experience and just look at his standing in the game now. Pickford would be a vast improvement on what we already have.

Handful of games or not, the lad is going to be a top drawer keeper. Clubs dithered over butland due to his age and lack of experience and just look at his standing in the game now. Pickford would be a vast improvement on what we already have.

Not keen on a keeper with lesser physical presence myself. Someone like Leno will do nicely. Will be available at a much fair price.

Agreed. Would we get £60m for Lukaku? Limited amount of clubs to pick from for him, but I think probably yes.

Then the as yet mythical £100m Moshiri money. Let's be conservative and put it at £50m over 3 windows.

Could we get another £40m from (non-Lukaku) sales?

That would be £150m, minus any Sky money and anything from improved commercial agreements.

Either way, I see it as critical that Walsh can deliver on a couple of signings for a small outlay.

And we will have to start using Davies, Dowell, Walsh, Calvert-Lewin, and others.

If they are not good enough, we'll see soon enough.
Obviously it's all paper talk and rumours. But maybe Walsh & Koeman are going down a different route. With some of the young players we are getting linked with. Depay the 2 young forwards. And we've been linked with a number of young defenders.

We tried in the summer for some top class players, at there peak. And found it difficult to sign them

Instead of having an average bunch of 20 players. Let's try and have a strong 11 and have the under 23's on the bench

I'd rather we avoid going through anymore John Stones scenarios for a while mate.
GK and CB's - let's buy in some experienced, polished players. IMO anyway.

I would normally agree mate, but I think he's a keeper for the here and now and for the next ( well as many years as we decide to keep him for). He's a belter imo and I think we need to fetch a mix of the best up and coming talent along with some "ready to go" experienced players as well.

He signed a six-year deal with Leverkusen three months ago and is the second-choice goalkeeper for the World Champions at the age of 25.

He won't be coming to Everton.

If the Mosh really mean business and ok I don't have much hope at the moment to be honest.

Does yours have Manuel Locatelli on there too ? I want to see Everton actively signing players with promise than acting like we are rich paying £28m for Bolasie and such.

Lets be semi-realistic lol

.........................Pickford

..........Rugani......Sule......Romagnoli

Fabinho...Bazoer....Tielemans.....Gaya

.............Calhanoglu...B.Silva

..........................Dolberg

Bench

Rico
Tah
Davinson
Tete
Neves
Solanke
Belotti

Lets be semi-realistic lol

.........................Pickford

..........Rugani......Sule......Romagnoli

Fabinho...Bazoer....Tielemans.....Gaya

.............Calhanoglu...B.Silva

..........................Dolberg

Bench

Rico
Tah
Davinson
Tete
Neves
Solanke
Belotti
MATE?!

Then there is a chance for us then Zatlol.

i really wanted him in the summer but he signed long term (as per @BlueToff ) on 6 year deal there...since then not very good at all really.

next year will be back to his best i reckon.

Pickford and butland less of a risk....or sergio rico who i think is brilliant.

or.do £100mil on donnarumma lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back