Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need way more than £100mil.

If we were to say keep 4 players in the 11 now and add 4 more for £30mil+ then at least we could then have 8 very good players....then sell alot of the existing players and use the money to bring in top u21 players to combine with the existing youth to push from the bench.

Agreed. Would we get £60m for Lukaku? Limited amount of clubs to pick from for him, but I think probably yes.

Then the as yet mythical £100m Moshiri money. Let's be conservative and put it at £50m over 3 windows.

Could we get another £40m from (non-Lukaku) sales?

That would be £150m, minus any Sky money and anything from improved commercial agreements.

Either way, I see it as critical that Walsh can deliver on a couple of signings for a small outlay.

And we will have to start using Davies, Dowell, Walsh, Calvert-Lewin, and others.

If they are not good enough, we'll see soon enough.

He could have easily stopped the goal though by coming for the cross. It wasn't anything special, just a ball in to the 6 yard box. He should have easily collected it.

He's a strange keeper, he makes some great saves at times, but for some of the goals he's conceded his positioning or decision making has let him down.
Some truth in that. Looked for the world that jags was gonna head it away but them days are gone Im afraid.
Serious rebuilding job we have. Il not jump in front off a bus just yet though.

Agreed. Would we get £60m for Lukaku? Limited amount of clubs to pick from for him, but I think probably yes.
I think people are in for a shock when it comes to Lukaku's eventual fee. He's in the process of running his contract down, and no top side has shown an interest in paying over the odds for him in the past.

Loris Karius [Mainz - Liverpool] £4.7m
Nathan Redmond [Norwich - Southampton] £10m
Victor Wanyama [Southampton - Tottenham] £11m
Leroy Fer [QPR - Swansea] Undisclosed
Nolito [Celta Vigo - Man City] £13.8m
Steven Defour [Anderlecht - Burnley] Reported £7.35m

We don't need a ruck of £30m players - Apparently we have one of the best scouts in world football - Do your job

Can we have youri tielemans, kasper dolberg and richly bazoer if we are asking Santa for gifts ?

Anyway swerve the January, Im more excited to see where the Nivea set goes at Christmas as discussed on the self esteem thread !

He had five weeks of the window. He can't sign anybody in November ffs.

It was more of a preemptive statement TBH - Maybe we'll sign all the players we'll need in January

Yes, he had five weeks and spent £28m on Yannick Bolasie and was willing to spunk a further £30m on Sissoko

Would you rather have Karius, Redmond, Wanyama and Fer - or Bolasie?

It was more of a preemptive statement TBH - Maybe we'll sign all the players we'll need in January

Yes, he had five weeks and spent £28m on Yannick Bolasie and was willing to spunk a further £30m on Sissoko

Would you rather have Karius, Redmond, Wanyama and Fer - or Bolasie?

But we wouldn't (and couldn't) have signed all of those players...

Karius was signed and delivered pretty much at the start of the window.

Redmond similarly, and Wanyama was desperate to go to Spurs.

Fer - we've been there and got the t-shirt pal...

So NEA about any dealings. Im like a bursted tyre with EFC atm. Depay. ..what ever.

Only thing that can shed a light into this shed before xmas is the stadium thingy but I quess that too is too much to ask for. Confirmation would be great present for evertonians but eh....we're Epebtoh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back