Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what the mechanics of it are regarding winter and summer finances.

i think it's only by season, so stones' sale means we need to spend a lot in january to justify the sale, to an extent. Any january sales will add to the jan window and the jan window only. That's how i see it.

Rarely agree with you Orly, but couldn't agree more on this point.

Had a debate with an EFC Podcast account yesterday re. Koeman needing to adapt to the players he has available.

My point was why would he? It's not like the players were winning games playing in the old way either.

The fact remains that, despite their inconsistencies (which I am happy to admit are there) our four signings that have joined this summer are the players that have shown they can play at the level of 'intensity' required.

And while Koeman isn't blameless in this (he needs to be changing things) it's clear to see that the issues aren't really with the players that have been brought in - which should at least put to rest any lingering doubts over the transfer policy (the panic loan of Valencia aside, and even so when he comes on he at least adds 'something' - gets us up the pitch etc...)

Agree with that - although I'm not hugely convinced on Stek's full 90 minutes of performance, his saves yesterday for example kept us in the game.

The problem is we've got chronic absenteeism as a systemic issue at the Club. Where's the majority owner? Oh, giving weird little scripted briefings on TalkSport. Where's the boss? Well, he's ok for three days a week, make sure you dial in on a day he deigns to work. Where's the captain? Oh no, trouble's afoot... better tie my laces and look a bit sorry.

Augean Stables time at L4.

He is basically covering up for Barry.

Barry needs to be dropped and Gueye needs to be a defensive midfielder not a box to box player.
Completely agree he was okay going forward against Sunderland but lately it has become clear that in the opposing teams box shooting is really not his strength he should have scored at least 3 off the top of my head from running onto shots inside the box

Agree with that - although I'm not hugely convinced on Stek's full 90 minutes of performance, his saves yesterday for example kept us in the game.

The problem is we've got chronic absenteeism as a systemic issue at the Club. Where's the majority owner? Oh, giving weird little scripted briefings on TalkSport. Where's the boss? Well, he's ok for three days a week, make sure you dial in on a day he deigns to work. Where's the captain? Oh no, trouble's afoot... better tie my laces and look a bit sorry.

Augean Stables time at L4.

where's this silly 3-day week thing come from haha?

(just seen it mentioned a few times now)

Moyes' recruitment was impeccable when you consider how little cash we had.

I don't believe in the DoF role, the manager should be the person that directs the club - with the board's backing of course.

The team he should put out against UTD

........................Stek...................
......Holgate.....Williams......Mori.......
Coleman...Barkley...Gana...Davies....Baines..
.........Calvert-Lewin....Lukaku....

Risky I know but what are the other options? same team same drab performance.....

Even though this is risky, its something I would be more than happy to see.
I use the term risky, but is it really ? or are we just too scared to ditch the 4-5-1 formation we have seen for the last decade ?

i think it's only by season, so stones' sale means we need to spend a lot in january to justify the sale, to an extent. Any january sales will add to the jan window and the jan window only. That's how i see it.
I know it's outgoings cancelling out incomings, whether that takes it's time to even it's way out is a different, technical, matter.

Even though this is risky, its something I would be more than happy to see.
I use the term risky, but is it really ? or are we just too scared to ditch the 4-5-1 formation we have seen for the last decade ?
Probably not mate, what's the worst that can happen we get beat, under perform, show no fight!!! Or the complete opposite could happen with youthful energy in the team who want to fight for there place..

For me we have nothing to lose...

Probably not mate, what's the worst that can happen we get beat, under perform, show no fight!!! Or the complete opposite could happen with youthful energy in the team who want to fight for there place..

For me we have nothing to lose...

There was times under Walter Smith where I could look at the world through my youthful eyes and say, we had a go but we were rubbish.
There was times under Moyes where I would look at the effort and understand that we would lose because we just didn't have that 20m striker.
There was times under early Martinez where we would play some great stuff and think we had something special.

Late Martinez going into early Koeman we have shown zero fight - that is the bit that has wound me right up !

We expect fight, desire, hunger and determination that no amount of money can buy. The things money can buy such as quality and skill can be fitted in around the solid core. Right now we have neither.

Come down to Everton stores for the January clear out sale. Buy an over the hill defender and get a United reject FREE!!

We'll accept trade ins on old Everton stock such as Anichebe, Rooney Naismith, Fellaini, Cahill? You name it! Just visit our booming nostalgia department for more enquiries.

**THE JANUARY CANT COME POXY QUICK ENOUGH CLEAR OUT SALE**

But, as you say, they are the worst teams best players. Those are the ones that those teams are depending on to keep them up. Premier league survival >>> £££'s.

Yep, this.

As much as we need somebody like Sigurdsson, for example, Swansea would have to be out of their minds to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back