Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Mr cynical but we have spent some money this window and brought in very little in regards to fees.

So not been sell to buy at all this window

Tom is as good as sold 8
Oveido and Gibson 8
16 so far
the 200k plus saved on wage bill is 5 mil
and excess in TV money Minus our neg 2 net spend

When you take into account facts like:
Lookman was 7.5 mil up front
Morgan was 20 mil in installments

You do the maths that is without potential of Mccarthy leaving Geri being sold at end of loan.

Under bill we would sell one window and invest money in other windows that was sell to buy.

Just because they money isn't being paid up front example Tom C doesn't mean they won't be sold.

I for 1 disagree with this statement.

We currently have players out on loan that will either sign for the clubs they are currently at or be sold to another club that will add up to vastly more than the current incoming transfers we have acquired.

I mean this is not a negative manner, I have indeed maintained a stance that we wouldnt go crazy with the spending in this window if we didnt have a very good chance of claiming top 4.

We have operated a solid plan of removing "deadwood" from the squad, maintaining a solid STCC with regards wages due to loans and allowing us to operate in a more fluent manner in the summer.

Thats 1 way to look at it.

The other is that we are all been taken for utter mugs and The Mosh is leading us down the garden path.

Tune in tomorrow to find out.

There is also the possibility that he has looked at the u23s / lower age groups and realized that he could save a fortune by just allowing them to come through.

I for 1 disagree with this statement.

We currently have players out on loan that will either sign for the clubs they are currently at or be sold to another club that will add up to vastly more than the current incoming transfers we have acquired.

I mean this is not a negative manner, I have indeed maintained a stance that we wouldnt go crazy with the spending in this window if we didnt have a very good chance of claiming top 4.

We have operated a solid plan of removing "deadwood" from the squad, maintaining a solid STCC with regards wages due to loans and allowing us to operate in a more fluent manner in the summer.

Thats 1 way to look at it.

The other is that we are all been taken for utter mugs and The Mosh is leading us down the garden path.

Tune in tomorrow to find out.

I am more than happy with improving by selling dross and moving forward with good signings, I did think we squandered part of Stones money in summer but time will tell if we will do that again, positive is Lookman and Morgan are sound for me.

But we can only go so far on a sell to buy model look at saints a glass ceiling is there.

We won't be able to sell to buy like Dortmund as walsh isn't as good at his job as them lot.

I think my personal opinion is stadium is priority and the is a policy in place from the top but that is going off on a tangent

Tom is as good as sold 8
Oveido and Gibson 8
16 so far
the 200k plus saved on wage bill is 5 mil
and excess in TV money Minus our neg 2 net spend

When you take into account facts like:
Lookman was 7.5 mil up front
Morgan was 20 mil in installments

You do the maths that is without potential of Mccarthy leaving Geri being sold at end of loan.

Under bill we would sell one window and invest money in other windows that was sell to buy.

Just because they money isn't being paid up front example Tom C doesn't mean they won't be sold.
They are sold next year not this year. So any potential incoming from them goes next year and off the bill then.

What we have spent this year is on one balance sheet and next year there is another balance sheet.

I'll be pleased whether we bring in more or not. You'd expect to get rid of that deadwood over about two seasons & we've just done it in the January transfer window. This can only be a fantastic move for the progress of our "project". We now have standards & Koeman has spoke about the "quality over quantity" aspect today. Very pleased today & this will set us up for a fantastic summer of new quality additions.

COYB!
Plenty have said we need to give RK at least until the end of the summer window to shape 'his' team and before the pressure really comes on him (if we're not doing to well at that point). I'd agree that summer is the more important window. Ideally I would've liked a couple more this window, especially given we've off loaded some deadwood (which is very good).
But, I can wait 6 more months, provided it goes off big time in the summer!!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back