Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was thinking we were in a decent position until I read this post. You're spot in what you say; we currently only have 19 fit senior players once Kone goes!

1. Robles
2. Stekelenberg
3. Coleman
4. Baines
5. Holgate
6. Williams
7. Jagielka
8. Funes Mori
9. Barry
10. Gueye
11. Davies
12. Schneiderlin
13. McCarthy
14. Mirallas
15. Barkley
16. Lennon
17. Lookman
18. Lukaku
19. Valencia

You can add Bolasie, Besic and Calvert-Lewin to that list, but they're injured at the moment.

In terms of youngsters, we have Kenny, Dowell, Pennington perhaps.

Who is playing at LB for the U23 at the moment? Is it Foulds?

Hardly a groundbreaking comment, but I'd love to see us bring in a CB and a forward before the end of the window.

I think we will see some of the younger lads stepping up to cover the defensive positions otherwise we're totally fine?

I'd like us to get the England u19 keeper from Sheffield United + do a deal with Sunderland for Pickford to join in the summer.

We would finally have a long term keeper and a back up with huge potential (i assume).

I couldnt bear to see Stek in the nets next season.

Why?he would instantly become the best player in our XI. You mad ?

We're talking about Rooney right?

The 31 year old being phased out by United and soon the national team whose on huge wages and would take the place of Barkley?

Makes no sense to sign someone like that and if he wasnt a former player we wouldnt even be talking about it.

I think we will see some of the younger lads stepping up to cover the defensive positions otherwise we're totally fine?

Yeah I alluded to that in my post mate.

Who else do you think could make the step up though other than those I mentioned?

PS I purposely left Walsh out as we're quite stocked at CM anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back