Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same can be said about the summer as well mate

Unless your in a reegation fight or fighting for europe (to an extent that losing that one player would derail you) then honestly theres no difference in buying in January or Summer - excpet maybe a slightly inflated fee - which with the way transfer fees are rising atm would probably be what it will be inflated to in the summer anyways.

For example - Burnley have zero chance of qualification to Europe this season, they also have basically zero chance of being relegated (effectively with goal difference 11 points clear of the drop) so why would they not sell in january and yet sell in the Summer?

Additionally fringe players at clubs right now may see that they arent being used at all (Schneiderlin for example) and not fancy 6 months of sitting on the bench or out the squad altogether, come the summer a lot of those players will think they maybe have a new chance to impress/force their way in during pre season (especially given the rate of managerial sackings meaning a lot will have a new manager coming in)

The actual reason January is a huge amount quieter is that most clubs spend their budgets in the Summer and do so in a organized manner with a plan, meaning when January comes around then they arent facing it with the intention of making up for a utter mess of a summer window - like we supposedly where.

ATM we are putting lipstick on a pig by making out this window hasn't been vastly dissapointing and not what Moshiri, Koeman etc hinted strongly at

That's a fair point mate. However I do think it is qualitatively more difficult to get players out of clubs if they are playing.

If you take Keane I imagine Burnley will hold a position that he's not for sale at any price. That will likely change in the summer.

Weird from the BBC on their live updates feed. They seem to be exasperated that people searched for Everton-related content on Google:

9:56

I'm really struggling to get my head around how "who did Everton sign in the transfer window" is fifth on that list.

Firstly, do you really need to go to Google to find out who your club has signed?

Secondly, Everton?

Share this post on
Transfer window questions
8d477849-4ed9-4821-8d52-8c19e59c5299.jpg

Google

Posted at 9:54
With the help of those from Google, we have found out the burning questions of football fans in the past week.

Top UK questions on the transfer window in the last seven days:

1. When does the January transfer window close?

2. When is transfer deadline day 2017?

3. When does the January transfer window open?

4. When does the Scottish transfer window shut?

5. Who did Everton sign in the transfer window?

6. When does the summer transfer window open?

7. Who have Arsenal signed in the January transfer window?

8. What is a transfer window?

9. When did the Scottish transfer window open?

10. How many players are in the summer transfer window?

A quick google of the bloke doing these updates shows he's a cricket fan and from Stoke, nuff said.

Seriously lads... make yourself some sandwiches and a flask of tea. Put some good shoes on and a nice warm coat and then get out of the house for the day. .. it's like looking into a child's nursery class reading this thread. Some unreal waffle going on. Get out and enjoy life because whatever Everton do today ....it won't be because billysuperblue on GOT said it this morning.
Don't listen to him lads.

Contrary to popular belief if you post enough guff on here then it will increase the chances of a transfer happening.

I hope you lot are ready and committed to the cause this afternoon/evening. It's going to be a bumpy ride but we can do it if we do it together.

Don't listen to him lads.

Contrary to popular belief if you post enough guff on here then it will increase the chances of a transfer happening.

I hope you lot are ready and committed to the cause this afternoon/evening. It's going to be a bumpy ride but we can do it if we do it together.

500 pages on Juan Mata in the summer says you are incorrect good sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back