Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Koeman was telling the truth yesterday. Pretty much done. My only question is, if we are so keen on Keane, why have we not bid at start of January and allowed Burnley to get replacement?

I am sure we would have made enquiries before January.

The amount of money involved and the complications of high value transfers these day mean that any deal for a desirable player takes ages.
Look at Schniederlin. We wanted him, he wanted to come and ManU wanted rid, and yet that still took weeks to finalise.

If Burnley are holding steadfast to the 'not for sale' mantle, you can either hold out in the hope that the lad demands a transfer,
or keep increasing the deal until hopefully they yield.

Then you have all the insurances, agents and small print to rectify.

as great as the culling of the deadwood is, I'd have preferred signing first team players in this window and waiting to shift out the unwanted in the summer rather than the other way round.

Buy a crack ace top gun for the front line Ron you bell!

Spot on just as we are getting form and opportunity to kick on with our last season with lukkau

I think it's been a pretty good window really, Lookman and Schneiderlin are two great signings and we've got rid of a lot of deadwood.

I'm happy to wait for more signings in the summer, it's notoriously difficult to make good signings in this window and the last thing I want to see is us make average signings for the sake of numbers. I hope that attitude is long gone.

as great as the culling of the deadwood is, I'd have preferred signing first team players in this window and waiting to shift out the unwanted in the summer rather than the other way round.

Buy a crack ace top gun for the front line Ron you bell!

Nothing to play for bar europa which were likely to achieve.

I'd have hoped for sheffield keeper + hirst + one or two more young players for Unsworth who could progress to be bench players next season.

Then go for the big boys when we have europa league and summer window.

Nothing to play for bar europa which were likely to achieve.

I'd have hoped for sheffield keeper + hirst + one or two more young players for Unsworth who could progress to be bench players next season.

Then go for the big boys when we have europa league and summer window.

Why all young players?

IMG-20170131-WA0009.webp

Don't understand the Enner hate. He's actually been decent. If people didn't have their minds made up on him before watching him play, they'd probably be just fine with his contributions to date. Made a difference in a good way a few times already this season.

I actually don't mind Valencia, quick, decent in the air, and he makes the space for Rom with his running, big downside is he isn't a goalscorer, and considering he is our back up to Rom, that's worrying.

Who the hell cares ??? The obsession some people have about this is mind boggling!!!
Exactly, if we come out of this window with a leaner squad that is much more to the liking of the manager who has to work with them and get results from them, then if we actually make or save a few quid - what is the issue, surely that's good business ?
Why do we have to be seen to be spending big, I think we will be leaner, but stronger ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back