Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right of course mate. Hard to argue that those we have brought in are not well better than what we sent out. There will be more to come this summer for certain (we can't go into next season with this thin a squad).

I think that those who are not just losing their minds have concerns as to whether or not the players we bring in when we do get some in will be up to the standard we have been led to believe we are after.

I think there is genuine reason to be concerned that we will be able to get the Mata's, Carvalho's and Van Dijk's of the world to buy into our project and that we will need to operate at a level below that (think Keane).

I don't have a problem with it because that is how the real world works - I just wish they would be up front about it rather than going with the "we bid 60M for Koulibaly" tactic.

The fear for me is have we done enough to a) get us into Europe and b) keep Rom? As i think both of those will be key for us to continue in the right direction.

Yeh, and I agree with those concerns pal, totally.

And like you I also don't have a problem with it either. But tbh I don't think we've been untoward?

If anything, we've learnt from the summer. We've targeted players and haven't settled for second best.

Lookman was the priority for his respective role, and Snides was the priority for midfield.

Koeman has said that if his number one targets aren't doable, then we'll make sure we go for them in the summer. The key obviously is getting them in which remains to be seen.

Watch us get beat tomorrow and koeman will throw his dummy out again

Single most nailed on thing this season

We get two good results, fans start to think we're good and going to have strong end to season, all of a sudden everyone's more chill about lack of players brought in during transfer window...

Then we get beat, everyone realises were still not that good, heads fall off

Nailed on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back