Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

End of the season will show if we were right not to bring anymore in, as more have said great getting rid of the dead wood and lookman looks a great talent for the future and schnderlin gives us more quality in the middle

I have the feeling now Koeman is starting to get things right, I believe there's loads of money in the pot but it must be spent wisely. I'd be surprised if Lukaku isn't here next season, things are looking up and our squad average age is getting a lot lower by getting rid of the deadwood.

I'm happy he's got rid of most of the dead wood

However adding Baxter? Annoyed me. Rodriguez, Lennon and Jags out next hopefully

All the players currently out on loan also hopefully to leave except Brendon and Connolly

It's either a profit or loss on the disposal of a fixed asset. Players book values lower over the length of their contract. No way Niasse will still be a loss at 10m in the summer. He will be sufficiently amortised to make a profit.
Cheers ;)...So do we know how much extra (roughly)
We would be able to increase wages by if Cleverly, Niasse & Deulofeu are sold at the rumoured fee's?

Last edited:
Agreed. But nice guys finish last. We need to be a bit more aggressive.

We just weren't arsed today I think, for whatever reason.

Or in the last week tbh.

The deals for the players koeman wanted weren't there, so we acted like all the other 'big' clubs have this window and didn't panic. We weren't just going to buy anybody.

Could we have done with one or two more? Yes?

Will any of the players we have let go come back to bite us? No, not in any way. There's five (possibly six) players there who have effectively been moved on and replaced by two quality additions and the emergence of two/three quality young players. The only issue is left-back, but Koeman doesn't seem worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back