Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget about those gone or loaned out, they are not the issue. The issue is that we now have to construct a squad when this feller has been here already for two transfer windows and spent £70m on what few players he has brought in.

He's left himself with a massive task given his inaction in the summer and this month.
And cue Dave with the Koeman Agenda at 1205.

Mate, put another bloody record on will you?

I'm pretty happy with how the window has gone personally. Be happy.

@davek how do you feel about the window ?

Ive just woken up and seen that this really has been the night of the long knives...but we didnt sign anyone?!

Quite amazed weve not at least brought in a couple of young lads for unsworth to develop and to push for a bench spot next season.
It's a pitiful window. How anyone is cook a hoop about us loaning and selling a load of players whilst we bring in two is bizarre.

what advice? How to be a incredibly inconsistent player who hasn't impressed at all since coming? There are far better players for our youth players to get advice from. He also does not speak English yet so unless we have some youth players who can speak french it's kind of irrelevant.

I'm upset because the lad has essentially stole 40k a week from us (after injury) and we're still stuck with him.

Inconsistent sort of means that there's high and lows, when we beat Soton 3-0 away for example, people were lauding him.
Not true but, I can name you so many players (and managers) who don't speak fluent English that I'd love here.
He hasn't 'stolen' anything. He was injured and since proved not good enough!
This is just pointless, he's going in the summer, chill out and get Van der Meyde's number, he might have done stuff that you'd get even angrier about.

I find myself with reasons to consider this window a positive, I thought we did some good overall business in the summer window, Yala getting injured maybe took the gloss off the whole thing with his injury, I know the lad has his knockers and we defo overpaid for the lad, but I think he would have been making a major contribution, so its a shame.

We had Mosh then coming out talking about Monopoly money and 60m bids for CBs and other little snippets of signings like the boys Depay and Dafoldil, all in all we signed a very good CM, a very exciting prospect and of course shifted some utterly horrific players who we thankfully will never have to watch enter a pitch in blue again.

All in all im left feeling a little bit meh, we have done some good business in places but we have yet again left the squad weak in some pretty key areas, but ok, this is football.

We have 16 games to go, time will judge whether Ronnys decisions will bite us on the arse, but the most important thing is that we are now left with not a single excuse I would find acceptable in the summer to not do some serious business and improve the squad all over the place.
A squad has been deconstructed and very little work has been done in constructing another to take its place...this after two windows has gone by with this manager in charge and having spent over £70m already.

I fail to see how any of that is a positive.

A squad has been deconstructed and very little work has been done in constructing another to take its place...this after two windows has gone by with this manager in charge and having spent over £70m already.

I fail to see how any of that is a positive.

We havent spent a penny on players in Ronnys tenure, granted I will have to wait till the summer to be proved correct with regards loans that will be turned into sales, but 70m is an utter joke of a sum to be lashing around without context.

The squad has been trimmed, a lot of faith has been thrown in the direction of the younger players and a lot of hope has been placed on the shoulders of certain players, it is what it is, a transitional season.

First we tear apart, then we grow.

i didnt mention people telling anybody to give it a rest. youve just leapt ahead there on your own
Or I can read quite clearly what others are posting in the thread?

You are defending the indefensible. Bravo.

Back on topic: good window. One or two more ins and it would have been great, but the right players have to be available. Given that we have only the league to focus upon, I'm not angry about Koeman taking the risk of relying on U23's stepping up if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back