Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really agree Dave.
Even the majority of fans could see that most of the players that were moved on had no future at Everton.
Deulofeu is probably the one player the majority of us were sad to see leave.

I would not say the strategy was disjointed at all. I would say it was very clearly thought out... brutal, but determined and decisive.

We all had long since come to accept there were a lot of players in the squad that were not Everton standard.
Schneiderlin and Lookman were part of the construct and the failed attempt to sign Keane as well.

I think Koeman has a very clear vision for the future, time will tell if it is successful.
Forget about those gone or loaned out, they are not the issue. The issue is that we now have to construct a squad when this feller has been here already for two transfer windows and spent £70m on what few players he has brought in.

He's left himself with a massive task given his inaction in the summer and this month.

I find myself with reasons to consider this window a positive, I thought we did some good overall business in the summer window, Yala getting injured maybe took the gloss off the whole thing with his injury, I know the lad has his knockers and we defo overpaid for the lad, but I think he would have been making a major contribution, so its a shame.

We had Mosh then coming out talking about Monopoly money and 60m bids for CBs and other little snippets of signings like the boys Depay and Dafoldil, all in all we signed a very good CM, a very exciting prospect and of course shifted some utterly horrific players who we thankfully will never have to watch enter a pitch in blue again.

All in all im left feeling a little bit meh, we have done some good business in places but we have yet again left the squad weak in some pretty key areas, but ok, this is football.

We have 16 games to go, time will judge whether Ronnys decisions will bite us on the arse, but the most important thing is that we are now left with not a single excuse I would find acceptable in the summer to not do some serious business and improve the squad all over the place.
Same thoughts mate. 2 good signings and some even better outgoings. Happy now with what we have and think we can build on it . Summer will be big for us as Ronald's team will start to take shape for the start of next season . Add that to the RS who were going to win the treble 4 weeks ago and Klopp now under pressure it been a good January .. I will be very happy if we can get a europa league place and have some good away trips again next season. In Everton "We Hope"

that is not the point. Oviedo did not kick up a fuss but he was not playing. Kone has played less, is a waste of space and wages and is generally useless. There is not one single good point for him being here.

There's a couple of points really, he can give advice to younger players who might go through injury spells. He can be a professional and get on with his job, albeit well paid.
He's not good enough for us if we are to progress but, he's going at the end of the season. What's to get upset about?

Reactions: gez
@davek how do you feel about the window ?

Ive just woken up and seen that this really has been the night of the long knives...but we didnt sign anyone?!

Quite amazed weve not at least brought in a couple of young lads for unsworth to develop and to push for a bench spot next season.

Do NOT dismiss the DONK.

There's a couple of points really, he can give advice to younger players who might go through injury spells. He can be a professional and get on with his job, albeit well paid.
He's not good enough for us if we are to progress but, he's going at the end of the season. What's to get upset about?
what advice? How to be a incredibly inconsistent player who hasn't impressed at all since coming? There are far better players for our youth players to get advice from. He also does not speak English yet so unless we have some youth players who can speak french it's kind of irrelevant.

I'm upset because the lad has essentially stole 40k a week from us (after injury) and we're still stuck with him.

Because we welcome all opinions here, not just ones that agree with you.

If anything, you are the one who needs to have a look at your posting as continuing in this style will lead to warnings in the future.

Respect your fellow poster.
Respect is earned, not an automatic right. And relentless trolling tends not to earn respect.

Forget about those gone or loaned out, they are not the issue. The issue is that we now have to construct a squad when this feller has been here already for two transfer windows and spent £70m on what few players he has brought in.

He's left himself with a massive task given his inaction in the summer and this month.

Chill Dave, suck a orange and all will be well.

I find myself with reasons to consider this window a positive, I thought we did some good overall business in the summer window, Yala getting injured maybe took the gloss off the whole thing with his injury, I know the lad has his knockers and we defo overpaid for the lad, but I think he would have been making a major contribution, so its a shame.

We had Mosh then coming out talking about Monopoly money and 60m bids for CBs and other little snippets of signings like the boys Depay and Dafoldil, all in all we signed a very good CM, a very exciting prospect and of course shifted some utterly horrific players who we thankfully will never have to watch enter a pitch in blue again.

All in all im left feeling a little bit meh, we have done some good business in places but we have yet again left the squad weak in some pretty key areas, but ok, this is football.

We have 16 games to go, time will judge whether Ronnys decisions will bite us on the arse, but the most important thing is that we are now left with not a single excuse I would find acceptable in the summer to not do some serious business and improve the squad all over the place.
Best summary of this transfer window.

No point in getting players in now... Seasons over, nothing to play for remember. We'll start again in August.
No, no, no. Never my line. I bemoaned the fact our season competitively was over...and it IS. Howver, this window was there to get a head start for next season. It's been wasted. We now have a decimated squad and some heavy lifting to do construction wise in the summer....and at the rate that this Dutchman does business at it'll take till next summer to complete.

Happy enough to go the rest of the season with what we've got. Think we're still looking alright in the main, and not one other team significantly strengthened this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back