Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not telling you to respect him as a person, but treat him with respect. You know, the basics of being a courteous member of society.

Having a contrary opinion is not permission to attack the guy.
I sought no such permission, nor made any such attack. And you don't get to tell me who has earned my respect.

Filling thread after thread with the same agenda-driven, contrarian, WUM trolling is not respectful towards other forum users. It does not adhere to the basic courtesies expected from forum users. You may find it acceptable but a cursory review of the responses engendered suggest that the majority think otherwise.

One reaps what one sows.

Okay here's my issue.

Everton has made us look like a right bunch of idiots haven't they. Now i know as a club we are moving forward and to be honest at a pretty alarming rate. With regards to the new ground and whats being brought into the club via new deals and revenue that entails.

With regards to transfers though we have been shocking. We don't seem to of moven forward in this regard what so ever. The summer was a disaster. With regards to players we bearly spent more then the stones money. In january we spent £35mil and recouped say £12-15mil with sales, wages and loan fees? So we spent about £20mil hardly mega money is it.

Okay there is a argument that we dont have to spend big money on players and the squad is looking good. The thing is though is that the club is perpetuating this image of us being cash rich and having all this money ready to blow teams out of the water and bring in all these boss players and...Nothing yep two windows and we still look like the penny pinching everton we were under moyes.

Look at morgs we wanted him, he wanted to come here and united wanted to sell. That should of been 1st or january through the door. On the phone the week before going "how much? Sound. Send him over". Instead we were haggling over 2 mill for about 2 weeks and it cost us a rin in the fa cup. We needed a back up striker this window. Really needed one and what happened? We couldn't get one...absolute crap. We wouldnt pay for one is what it was. Why didnt we just offer them double what he is worth. Get the lad in and prove we're looking to be actual players in this leauge. No we were probaby haggling over 1mill or something stupid.

Fact is if we have the money then kenwright should be removed from negations because he is working to a different modle and its making us look small time. We are being laughed at by them across the park. Absolutely embarrassed by our own clubs inability to handle transfer negotiations befitting of a premier league team. Its winding me up to be honest. I'm sick of it.

So much stupidity and outright logical error in this post. Not spending? We broke our transfer record you muffin. Also, you're assuming we would have won against Leicester if schniderman was on the pitch... What?

The football fan in me wants to agree with you - of course I would like to splurge a load of cash and take the league by storm. But more likely to happen in that case is we spend massively on say 'five amazing stars' of which one does alright, 2 get injured and 2 just don't perform whilst we are left about 20m short of kicking off a dream stadium at the docks. THATS Everton :)

I'm pretty content - we are not weakened by any of the players we let go, have brought in a couple of quality players whilst enabling some youth the chance should we have some injury issues.

I don't think we should praise BK, Walsh or anyone else for that, I think it's actually down to Koeman knowing quality when he sees it and as an off-the-pitch measure of management, I think it's fantastic he has flat out said no to players he wasn't convinced about.
Good post mate, Koeman knows what he wants and is prepared to take the flack from the FIFA wanabees to steer his own course. I sense a feel good factor within the squad, getting rid of the dross and bringing through some youth in their place carries no risk for me. Cue the obvious defeat tonight followed by the knee jerk meltdown, but all I see are exciting times ahead with the odd bump in the road.

We've set ourselves up very nicely for the summer window now. If the first summer window was an attempt to steady the ship, the January window was an outright attack on the scurvy which had been blighting our better players.

Great business to punt so many poor players out, and come the summer it looks like we'll be down to only two hard to shift players, Niasse and McGeady. I suspect we'll see plenty more permanent outs too, and Kone, Tarashaj, Deulofeu, Cleverley almost go without saying, but I sense Jagielka (lower prem/back to Sheff Utd) McCarthy (will want 1st team footy), Mori (convinced few), and Lukaku (finally had enough of biding his time) will leave too.

Anything other than huge spending in the summer will be a disappointment, its set up perfectly.

It's far from a balanced approach, that's for sure.

We're playing one hell of a game of catch up in terms of retooling this squad...and that after spending £70+m already.
Look at it another way... Where do we need to strengthen? I'm not sure it's a massive job in the summer, but it will need us to be active and bring in quality.

That's great as a deflection tactic. But you don't address the issue: what was CONSTRUCTED here in the last two windows?

Yes we see the fire sale. Yes we see the squad whittled down. Yes, yes, yes. And now what? When (btw, after £70m has been spent already) will we see a squad coming together? We have a core of first team players now and that's all. Sorry if I don't buy into the "well in Ronny lad...you've really binned off that rubbish lad" whooping that's going on right now, because I can see past that and I look to how friggin threadbare we are.

I think it's been an appalling start to reshaping the squad. At this rate he'll need 5 windows to get the job done...and he defo isn't getting that leeway.

He is. He's currently presiding over what could be an immediate return to European competition after successive years of bottom half finishes. He's solidified the defence, unearthed academy players, and brought the wage bill down massively. Nearly all of his/Walsh's buys have been good so far. Apart from messing up the cups, what reason would Moshiri have not to trust him to mould his own team?

Look at it another way... Where do we need to strengthen? I'm not sure it's a massive job in the summer, but it will need us to be active and bring in quality.

Where's do we need to strengthen?

Let's see....
Goalkeeper to be no.1
New centre half
New left back
New winger
New no.10
New no. 9
Arguably another central defender.
Keep Rom
Keep Ross

Not sure it's a massive job in the summer???

See above. It's a huge summer. We need 5-6 quality players and we need to keep our best players (namely lukaku) and we need to ensure those out on loan who are surplus don't return. There's absolutely no excuse not to buy big. If we dont the jury just won't be out on the new regime, they will be proven failures and frankly liars. I think they will get it right but if they don't there is no hiding place.

Although initially a little surprised we didn't strengthen further, there are a few reasons why I think the summer window will prove to be a bigger one than the previous two;

• Koeman is already settled, meaning we don't need to waste time with pay-offs and court cases. As well as contract negotiations over the incoming manager.
  • Steve Walsh had a year in the job.
  • No Euros distraction.
  • Clear decks, if not for wages then at least for squad size. The squad was getting bloated with the dregs Martinez left here and come the summer we should be down to a compact but better quality squad.
  • All of the squad will now have had a season with Koeman, so nobody can complain at being let go at the end of this. If he manages to keep us 7th whilst doing this then all the better.
  • The U23's will now have a chance to push for the first team squad, giving Koeman a chance to analyse if anymore are ready to join the first team on a full time basis for August, as well as analysing who may not be ready and need a loan.
All this being said, if we don't seriously invest in the summer I will be asking questions then. Until then I am very happy with the business we have done and hoping for some stadium news in the next couple of months, as well as a real good go at the top 6.

COYB.

Although initially a little surprised we didn't strengthen further, there are a few reasons why I think the summer window will prove to be a bigger one than the previous two;

• Koeman is already settled, meaning we don't need to waste time with pay-offs and court cases. As well as contract negotiations over the incoming manager.
  • Steve Walsh had a year in the job.
  • No Euros distraction.
  • Clear decks, if not for wages then at least for squad size. The squad was getting bloated with the dregs Martinez left here and come the summer we should be down to a compact but better quality squad.
  • All of the squad will now have had a season with Koeman, so nobody can complain at being let go at the end of this. If he manages to keep us 7th whilst doing this then all the better.
  • The U23's will now have a chance to push for the first team squad, giving Koeman a chance to analyse if anymore are ready to join the first team on a full time basis for August, as well as analysing who may not be ready and need a loan.
All this being said, if we don't seriously invest in the summer I will be asking questions then. Until then I am very happy with the business we have done and hoping for some stadium news in the next couple of months, as well as a real good go at the top 6.

COYB.

Perhaps the most important factor is he doesn't have to assess anyone, and can pick his targets accordingly well in advance.

Where's do we need to strengthen?

Let's see....
Goalkeeper to be no.1
New centre half
New left back
New winger
New no.10
New no. 9
Arguably another central defender.
Keep Rom
Keep Ross

Not sure it's a massive job in the summer???

See above. It's a huge summer. We need 5-6 quality players and we need to keep our best players (namely lukaku) and we need to ensure those out on loan who are surplus don't return. There's absolutely no excuse not to buy big. If we dont the jury just won't be out on the new regime, they will be proven failures and frankly liars. I think they will get it right but if they don't there is no hiding place.

Add to that Lennon will be gone and Valencia back at West Ham no chance we are buying someone who runs loads for £13 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back