Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I hear what you are saying mate but who linked us to these players ? Was it the club ? The Fans ? The media ? I'm asking as I don't honestly know. It's one thing fans naming players they think the club should sign but it's totally different to who the club want and how available said player may be .

Papers have linked us several times with all I noted and Keane even got a mention off the manager.

Papers have linked us several times with all I noted and Keane even got a mention off the manager.
So 1 was a link named by the club. Thankyou. And was that 1 available or was it made clear by his club that he was not for sale in this window ? Again not having a go at you mate, just trying to show that getting in players is not as easy as some like to think.

Curious about Gabbiadini. We were all over him in the summer, but they wouldn't sell. This Jan he's up for sale (less than we'd offered) and we don't move for him.
I'm not bothered about him, just wondering why the change lol:Blink:

We've missed a massive opportunity to have a real go at the top 6. All teams dropping points and we have a good run ahead of us. Why didn't we bring in a bit of quality in the final third. With out Lukaku we have no goals in us. Im happy with some of the players shifted but why have we not replaced them. We get rid of Del, Cleverly an Oviado. They might not be the best players but there decent cover for our 1st 11.

And dont make me laugh with that were clearing out ready for the summer, we'll have a great window...

Well ive been waiting for 20 years for a great window and its still not happened.

I think we have had a decent January window, added quality and off loaded players for a better price/terms than we might've otherwise expected and given we are not chasing silverware it seems a sensible approach. I am pleased we have kept McCarthy, he's a quality player when fit and though I'm disappointed we didn't get a striker, maybe the question mark over Rom's future has had a bearing on plans.

All in all we are in a far better place as a club than we were a couple of years ago, while the stadium talk remains just talk I will reserve full judgement, but I think we've made great strides in terms of our youth, management, squad quality and ownership. COYB

I know our move for Gabiadini fell though on summer deadline day but I think we lost interest and moved onto other targets. I'm not exactly disappointed that he has moved elsewhere.

Generally I think those most active where the teams who are in a relegation battle and are desperate. That's not us.

We shipped off a lot of deadwood and brought in 2 very good players. Chill

We've missed a massive opportunity to have a real go at the top 6. All teams dropping points and we have a good run ahead of us. Why didn't we bring in a bit of quality in the final third. With out Lukaku we have no goals in us. Im happy with some of the players shifted but why have we not replaced them. We get rid of Del, Cleverly an Oviado. They might not be the best players but there decent cover for our 1st 11.

And dont make me laugh with that were clearing out ready for the summer, we'll have a great window...

Well ive been waiting for 20 years for a great window and its still not happened.

because the players we wanted would not be sold by their clubs? why do you ALWAYS assume the negative, no-one above us strengthened(bar man city who had that deal set up months ago)

Curious about Gabbiadini. We were all over him in the summer, but they wouldn't sell. This Jan he's up for sale (less than we'd offered) and we don't move for him.
I'm not bothered about him, just wondering why the change lol:Blink:

Between summer and now he's massively underwhelmed, the striker they bought in to replace Higuian has been miles better than him, he got a dumb sending off on a rare start, Mertens (a winger) was playing better up front, then they signed another striker.

They were always selling him in Jan.

Who said it was easy? No, Burnley would have never sold him in January.
Like I said mate, wasn't singling you out for anything, just that on here people seem to think " oh , we could do with *insert players name * , he would be ace for us" then when the window shuts * ffs we missed out on * said player* " .. when in all reality the club were not even interested at all.

Between summer and now he's massively underwhelmed, the striker they bought in to replace Higuian has been miles better than him, he got a dumb sending off on a rare start, Mertens (a winger) was playing better up front, then they signed another striker.

They were always selling him in Jan.
Oh fair doos then. A good swerve. Or perhaps he lost motivation at being blocked on his move to our pinnacle team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back