January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'll get slated for this but why not Steve Gerrard on a free? I know I know, but he'd give so much to the dressing room and could probably still do a job at this level. Even if only just for half a season before he retires but still. Don't think he'd be terrible actually tbh.

...Anyone have Sakho from that lot?

State of that Nez lad....

I'm not convinced we'd get value for money with Fabregas. He turns 30 in May 2017 and has always struck me as the type of player who looks down on everyone else in whichever team he's played for. Choosing (hypothetically) between him and Sigurdsson, I'd go for Sigurdsson on character alone. Added to that, Gylfi is two and a half years younger and is likely to be cheaper.

Vorm is a good shout, definitely worth considering. But it's Spurs, meaning you have to deal with Levy.... never goes well.

VVD is likely to have his choice of Utd, City, Chelsea et al... as soon as one of them goes in for him I suspect they all will, leaving us with no chance. Smalling, if Utd have a clearout, is a player I would be keen on.

Have not watched any Celtic matches, so no opinion on Dembele.

Interesting....Smalling was the other I had in mind.

Not linked but .. Fabian Delph anyone ? Isn't a starter for Man City but maybe because he seems to be out injured a lot. Proper box to box type. Maybe worth a cheeky bid in Jan or next summer!

Covering Napoli v Inter for work (the joys of Friday night, ey).

Anyway, Gabbiadini looks decent enough so far, really good movement and link-up play. Went close with a header.

Koulibally decent enough as well though Icardi keeps getting in behind. Inter have been pretty crap though.

Kondogbia has been awful.

Zielinski and Hamsik have been top.
Thats not £40 million worth that though..

Not watched him properly but dont we need more of an attacking player next to gana.

Your are right in that he isn't going to get us goals but we need a new Barry, he is the right age, has premier league experience and Koeman knows him. He is a player who would improve our first team and he seems to have the right temperament.
If we bring in first rate defenders then maybe we don't need a second defensive mid-fielder but with the back four we have now we need some protection.

The Mercedes F1 vacant seat situation is much more entertaining. You know they could have any driver they want *cough* Alonso *cough*. Makes a change for me to enjoy that, rather than the typical Everton transfer speculation that always includes such gems as 'announce Riquelme' but always ends in 'marque' signings like Enner 'kin Valencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back