January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, if taking Depay on loan gets us Schneiderlin then count me in.

That is the perfect scenario, scherderlein is guaranteed quality. Him and Gana would be immense together. Depay is an unknown quantity, a loan deal with an option to buy in the summer would be perfect.

Hopefully our manager doesn't think that. I presume not. He would just consider him better than kone or niasse who he will ship out

Again, I'd rather we get a proven pl player, like Long

The only exception would be if the player in question displayed exceptional skill for the level he was at, and Guidetti never did that, even at Celtic

Griffiths and now Dembele have both impressed more for Celtic recently

I'm sure discussions will take place. No real reason to doubt that.

Now the conviction behind said discussions and the likelihood they result in either player joining our club. THAT is justifiably doubtful.

Still, if taking Depay on loan gets us Schneiderlin then count me in.

Somehow, despite the fact it sometimes may seem we collect wingers, we seem to be short of effective ones. With Bolasie gone to acon we will have just SuperKev, Delboy and Lennon..... So i am sure at least one winger will be incoming.

My guess is CM, some sort of W/AM/SS combo player and either a GK or CB - depends on the relative value on the last one. If we get Depay on loan then maybe we get the CB AND a keeper..... 4 in seems an awful lot for January (though we all know it is needed....)
Scherderlein permanent and depay loan would be perfect.

I stuck my head out in the Summer and was vastly let down by certain aspects of our buying team, so not being the type to be fooled by clowns, I will now predict the Winter window :

We will sign :

1 Wing forward, the boy Depay seems the most likely
1 Centre midfielder, the boy Sniderman seems the most likely
1 Striker, I currently have no names to offer, but he will be over 6 foot tall and a presence

The above are the players that we will sign 100%, without question we will sign those type of players.

We might also sign the following players :

1 GK, it really depends on how many more times Stickelback makes mistakes
1 CB, this will depend on whether Jags is actually broken beyond repair

All other signings will be dependant on whether we can shift the following players, the squad is chocoblock of tosh, we need to offload a lot of players to help the wage bill and also a first team squad of over 25 players is totally unmanageable :

James McCarthy
Aaron Lennon
Oumar Niasse
Arouna Kone
Tom Garbo
Darron Gibson
Bryan Oviedo

All have been told to seek a new club, replacements will be brought in depending on how many we can shift.

I stuck my head out in the Summer and was vastly let down by certain aspects of our buying team, so not being the type to be fooled by clowns, I will now predict the Winter window :

We will sign :

1 Striker, I currently have no names to offer, but he will be over 6 foot tall and a presence

The above are the players that we will sign 100%, without question we will sign those type of players.

All other signings will be dependant on whether we can shift the following players, the squad is chocoblock of tosh, we need to offload a lot of players to help the wage bill and also a first team squad of over 25 players is totally unmanageable :

James McCarthy
Aaron Lennon
Oumar Niasse
Arouna Kone
Tom Garbo
Darron Gibson
Bryan Oviedo

All have been told to seek a new club, replacements will be brought in depending on how many we can shift.

Oviedo - OUT
Charlie Taylor, Leeds United - iN

We will sign :

James McCarthy
Aaron Lennon
Oumar Niasse
Arouna Kone
Tom Garbo
Darron Gibson
Bryan Oviedo

And McGeady.

We will sign :

James McCarthy
Aaron Lennon
Oumar Niasse
Arouna Kone
Tom Garbo
Darron Gibson
Bryan Oviedo

It's going to be Rudy Gestede.

Get the rumor started @Moomin

Get them two off United and that's a cracking start, our midfield will look excellent loads of legs and MS chips in with goals as well.

Depay has the ability, might just need the right environment a bit like De Bryune going to Wolfsburg.

I am concerned on three levels

1. You are dreaming about GOT
  2. You are dreaming about me
  3. You are dreaming I am 'chatting wham'

You're not the only one concerned! I don't usually remember my dreams, and whatever happened in this dream, it wasn't the main event. I think the only other similar dream I remember was when @tommye's multi chased me, which was entirely discomfiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back