Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Coleman Van Dijk Williams Baines
Gana Schneiderlin
Deulofeu Dzagoev Depay
Lukaku

If not Pickford then Heaton. If not VVD then Keane. If not Dzagoev then Gylfi (would be my first choice but they won't sell). Throw the money around Farhad.

Pickford
Gana Schneiderlin
Deulofeu Dzagoev Depay
Lukaku

If not Pickford then Heaton. If not VVD then Keane. If not Dzagoev then Gylfi (would be my first choice but they won't sell). Throw the money around Farhad.

Pickford looked handy yesterday. I am however only basing my opinion on one match as haven't really seen much of him. I'd replace Baines too - think he's reaching that same point in his career that Jags is.

I agree you except I believe Barry has become part of our problem ,and with hind sight always has been. I should say I have always been an admirer of his , but the reality is he is pre dominately a defender playing a midfield role this is accentuated by his age and increasing lack of pace. We have struggled in past seasons to connect our midfield to our attack because we have too many defenders in midfield roles and Barry sadly is one of those and needs replacing with an actual midfielder.
I agree that Barry's inclusion is part of the problem regarding our play, however I put that on the manager's and club's toes and not on his.

Barry fulfils the role he is asked well when you consider the restraints of his age, and I certainly think he offers more than say McCarthy.

Without saying I'd much rather have Gana and someone else, however if Barry is to play he needs someone to support him going forward.

Pickford
Gana Schneiderlin
Deulofeu Dzagoev Depay
Lukaku

Pretty similar to how I would want the team to look come the end of January. If koeman doesn't want her a fullbacks bombing on then I think we should have Galloway at left back though as he is better 1-1 than baines.

I've always tended to think that if you find players who are battlers with a bit of passion, they are the consistent performers mate. What we need is 3/4 new signings who give 7/10 week in week out because currently I'd give the players weve used this season ratings as follows

stek 5
Coleman 5
Williams 6
baines 5
funes mori 5
gana 8
Barry 6
del 5
mirallas 5
barkley 5
Lukaku 7
Lennon 5
McCarthy 5
Cleverley 4
oviedo 5
Holgate 7
Joel 7
Jagielka 5
Bolasie 7
Valencia 6

a couple of sevens and only one player ( gana) who is performing consistently to an acceptable level. I'm. probably being too kind even with some of those markings as well.

Robles 7?? He will not be good enough to be a first choice keeper.

Pickford looked handy yesterday. I am however only basing my opinion on one match as haven't really seen much of him. I'd replace Baines too - think he's reaching that same point in his career that Jags is.

That was just for January, next summer I'd expect to see a new left back, 2 new strikers as Rom will leave, and probably even another right back if Holgate is moving into CB.

Bet we'll get about one of those players I just listed anyway, and it'll be on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back