Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

£25M for McCarthy and Cleverley? In which parallel universe are you today mate? 25M what.....peso's, rupees, molecules of oxygen? You'd be lucky to get half that for them considering one is nailed on for Scotland and the other is heading to the Championship.

No mate i live in the universe where the following happened in the summer

Bolasie 30m
Ibe 15m
Sissoko 30m
Matt Ritchie 12m
Hendrick 11m
Tomkins 10m
Townsend 13m
Mason 13m
Wijnaldum 25m
Allen 13m
Bravo 16m
DeRoon 12m
Boufal 16m
NDong 14m
Baston 15m
Ayew 21m
Masuaku 6m

and where we got 8m for Naismith and 7m for Anichebe and 18m for Rodwell (before prices went silly)

So who would the 4 players be we want to sign: van dijk (although think he will join the sh@$--#te, schneiderlin and two of deepay Gabbiadini/dzagoev ?
Kone, Schniderlin, dzagoev and Gabbiadini. All 4 would improve on positions we have, and these are the types of players we should be going after until we actually start winning things

No mate i live in the universe where the following happened in the summer

Bolasie 30m
Ibe 15m
Sissoko 30m
Matt Ritchie 12m
Hendrick 11m
Tomkins 10m
Townsend 13m
Mason 13m
Wijnaldum 25m
Allen 13m
Bravo 16m
DeRoon 12m
Boufal 16m
NDong 14m
Baston 15m
Ayew 21m
Masuaku 6m

and where we got 8m for Naismith and 7m for Anichebe and 18m for Rodwell (before prices went silly)

I like your optimism, and I hope you're right.

The defenders looked nervous against Watford and I can't help feel that comes from the goalie. So for me, a new GK is a must. Gana & Barry feel like the same sort of player and can't help feel we need to be more dynamic in midfield.

The opposition know we will try to play through Barkley if he's playing, or long ball if he's not. I think we'll see the best from Barkley once we have someone else to take the opposition attention away from him.

Excited by some of the links though, just hope a few come off.

Hopefully more out than in to minimise the natural disruption that new players create whilst settling in. Our backstop could be the youngsters who could turnout to be season saviours if they produce. It can't all be solved in the January window -too much surgery is required. Clearing the decks, mid-table finish and a decent cup run would be a "good" season for me and form the base that Koeman needs for next season. Expecting the youngsters to salvage from the sh1te that an experienced 1st team squad have created is probably expecting too much in a very competitive/combative league

Forget Europa (as if we have a chance !) - we don't need the distraction and if Rom doesn't like it, then pocket the £60 mill and wave goodbye.

Plus consistency as well

I've always tended to think that if you find players who are battlers with a bit of passion, they are the consistent performers mate. What we need is 3/4 new signings who give 7/10 week in week out because currently I'd give the players weve used this season ratings as follows

stek 5
Coleman 5
Williams 6
baines 5
funes mori 5
gana 8
Barry 6
del 5
mirallas 5
barkley 5
Lukaku 7
Lennon 5
McCarthy 5
Cleverley 4
oviedo 5
Holgate 7
Joel 7
Jagielka 5
Bolasie 7
Valencia 6

a couple of sevens and only one player ( gana) who is performing consistently to an acceptable level. I'm. probably being too kind even with some of those markings as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back