Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well clearly you know him better than anyone on here, so if he's available and looks decent then surely he is an absolute no brainer

You don't get many players who can play 3-4 positions in this day and age

Probably not that expensive if he's coming from Russia too

Scored goals from every position he plays in as well and has a desire i dont see in hadlty any of our squad

Russian media last year carried a story about him having a 18m euro (15m quid) buyout for teams from abroad - and he's not signed a new contract since then , dunno if thats 100% accurate but it's what was reported

A lot of our business out will be dictated with if we can get the players in to replace the ones the manager doesn't want here

Schneiderlin and Dzagoev arrived for example (for lets say 40m combined) then frees up McCarthy and Cleverley to leave (lets say 25m combined)

VVD arrived (40m?) then would free up Mori leaving (15m?)

Depay arrives (loan with set price to buy) frees up Lennon to go (5m?)

Can actually have a decent upgrade on this squad whilst not spending a huge ammount

could upgrade 4 positions whilst spending 35m net. Get a striker in on loan with an option to buy or shell out 20m on one, and the overall spend would be insane or unreasonable and would give us a much strogner team, wont happen like ofc

Can't see us getting that much for McCarthy/Cleverley but frankly getting them out the dressing room will be payment enough. Mentally weak, neither of them have a future here - and they know it.

...lots of links with young Swedish striker Isak;

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/rumour-mill/34057.html

We are in free fall, I can see 6 or more coming in.

Can't see it happening, but then the club lost my trust in relation to transfers last summer. They need to start delivering to change a lot of folks minds. We definitely need 5/6.

Can't see us getting that much for McCarthy/Cleverley but frankly getting them out the dressing room will be payment enough. Mentally weak, neither of them have a future here - and they know it.

Can't see it happening, but then the club lost my trust in relation to transfers last summer. They need to start delivering to change a lot of folks minds. We definitely need 5/6.

Cleverley say 5m, Mccarthy we'd get 15m+ for mate in the current market, in a battling relegation type team with a point to prove he'd probably be worth that to them

If we can get £20 Mil for McCarthy and Cleverley. And bring in Dzagoev and Schniderlin for £40 Mil for January that would represent actual decent value.

I've never seen him play but I've seen spurious links with Schalke left back Saed Kolasinac. Looks like a grock (which is a good thing) but also linked with the sheeeeeite, so that's probably where he'll end up. Presumably a mate of Besic. Contract up in the summer.
Tell me about him nerds...

I like Kolasinac and he'd improve us instantly. Pure power, energy and he's running up and down the field all the time.

If we're talking about leftbacks - Andrew Robertson anyone? Realistc target for us and he's got a lot of potential.

West Bromwich Albion target unsettled Everton midfielder James McCarthy for £15m January transfer - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...dfielder-James-McCarthy-January-transfer.html

West Bromwich Albion manager Tony Pulis has made Everton midfielder James McCarthy his No 1 target for January. Pulis tried and failed to sign the Republic of Ireland international last summer but is ready to revive his efforts and is lining up a £15million bid.

Everton looking to pip Real Madrid to the signing of Swedish starlet Alexander Isak but will need to cough up £14million to seal the deal - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nder-Isak-need-cough-14million-seal-deal.html

Everton are attempting to beat Real Madrid to the signing of AIK prospect Alexander Isak. Madrid are understood to have had a £9million proposal rejected for the 17-year-old though AIK are prepared to sell for a Swedish record of £14million.

A lot of our business out will be dictated with if we can get the players in to replace the ones the manager doesn't want here

Schneiderlin and Dzagoev arrived for example (for lets say 40m combined) then frees up McCarthy and Cleverley to leave (lets say 25m combined)

VVD arrived (40m?) then would free up Mori leaving (15m?)

Depay arrives (loan with set price to buy) frees up Lennon to go (5m?)

Can actually have a decent upgrade on this squad whilst not spending a huge ammount

could upgrade 4 positions whilst spending 35m net. Get a striker in on loan with an option to buy or shell out 20m on one, and the overall spend would be insane or unreasonable and would give us a much strogner team, wont happen like ofc

£25M for McCarthy and Cleverley? In which parallel universe are you today mate? 25M what.....peso's, rupees, molecules of oxygen? You'd be lucky to get half that for them considering one is nailed on for Scotland and the other is heading to the Championship.

So who would the 4 players be we want to sign: van dijk (although think he will join the sh@$--#te, schneiderlin and two of deepay Gabbiadini/dzagoev ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back