Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of our business out will be dictated with if we can get the players in to replace the ones the manager doesn't want here

Schneiderlin and Dzagoev arrived for example (for lets say 40m combined) then frees up McCarthy and Cleverley to leave (lets say 25m combined)

VVD arrived (40m?) then would free up Mori leaving (15m?)

Depay arrives (loan with set price to buy) frees up Lennon to go (5m?)

Can actually have a decent upgrade on this squad whilst not spending a huge ammount

could upgrade 4 positions whilst spending 35m net. Get a striker in on loan with an option to buy or shell out 20m on one, and the overall spend would be insane or unreasonable and would give us a much strogner team, wont happen like ofc

A lot of our business out will be dictated with if we can get the players in to replace the ones the manager doesn't want here

Schneiderlin and Dzagoev arrived for example (for lets say 40m combined) then frees up McCarthy and Cleverley to leave (lets say 25m combined)

VVD arrived (40m?) then would free up Mori leaving (15m?)

Depay arrives (loan with set price to buy) frees up Lennon to go (5m?)

Can actually have a decent upgrade on this squad whilst not spending a huge ammount

could upgrade 4 positions whilst spending 35m net. Get a striker in on loan with an option to buy or shell out 20m on one, and the overall spend would be insane or unreasonable and would give us a much strogner team, wont happen like ofc
The way things are going I think we'll struggle to get much for our deadwood. Look at Cleverley and McCarthy. Who's going to pay for a half arsed midfielder with no stand out attributes who's on big wages?

Yup that was it, had an absolute stormer. Any reason he never moved on from CSKA (until now)?

Honestly no idea mate, was a bit of a hot head when he was younger which may have put a question mark against him - he was really close to going to spurs about 3-4 years ago i know that. and was linked with Madrid after that euros as well. he had some problems with the national team (Capello didn't trust his tempermant and froze him out) which hurt his profile abroad as well.

Also he has/had a great relationship with the CSKA manager Slutsky as well, but as he resigned a few days ago from the job, and talked up Dzagoev moving to a better league, i think theres a real possibility that he will move from CSKA this January - before the manager left i honestly thought we'd have no chance, but that changes everything

Theres been for a few years over here the opinion that the Russian national team needed to play together etc like the old soviet ones did (as they want to perform well in the world cup there hosting), but after the last failing in the Euros theres been a few articles/groundswell of opinion that not havign some of the better players playing abroad in better leagues is actually counter productive to that.

If i was a betting man say this one is 75/25, if he moves it won't be to an 'elite' club but to a club he knows he will get playing time at, the result of him sitting on a bench would be disatrous for the Russian national team (he's there star)

Guys been involved in 'i think' 3 teams of the season - and in different positions each time - attacking mid, left wing and defensive mid (not an official award - but one given by one of the larger sports papers) unless i'm translating what i read wrong anyway

The way things are going I think we'll struggle to get much for our deadwood. Look at Cleverley and McCarthy. Who's going to pay for a half arsed midfielder with no stand out attributes who's on big wages?

Look at the type of business the clubs worried about relegation do mate, teams will look at Cleverley and see the positives (runs around a lot/ex united player) and will take a smallish punt on him, McCarthy us aside is still actually decently rated by pundits and some managers and we'd have 5-6 offers on the table should we be willing to sell, and when he 'wants to' he can be an asset for a lot of teams

Both players have been involved in relegation battles before and stayed up (and been a big part of the reason why) and that will get managers taking a chance on them

Wages will be the issue ofc as always

Honestly no idea mate, was a bit of a hot head when he was younger which may have put a question mark against him - he was really close to going to spurs about 3-4 years ago i know that. and was linked with Madrid after that euros as well. he had some problems with the national team (Capello didn't trust his tempermant and froze him out) which hurt his profile abroad as well.

Also he has/had a great relationship with the CSKA manager Slutsky as well, but as he resigned a few days ago from the job, and talked up Dzagoev moving to a better league, i think theres a real possibility that he will move from CSKA this January - before the manager left i honestly thought we'd have no chance, but that changes everything

Theres been for a few years over here the opinion that the Russian national team needed to play together etc like the old soviet ones did (as they want to perform well in the world cup there hosting), but after the last failing in the Euros theres been a few articles/groundswell of opinion that not havign some of the better players playing abroad in better leagues is actually counter productive to that.

If i was a betting man say this one is 75/25, if he moves it won't be to an 'elite' club but to a club he knows he will get playing time at, the result of him sitting on a bench would be disatrous for the Russian national team (he's there star)

Guys been involved in 'i think' 3 teams of the season - and in different positions each time - attacking mid, left wing and defensive mid (not an official award - but one given by one of the larger sports papers) unless i'm translating what i read wrong anyway
What triggers him to have the mind melts of madness? Is he a winner & cant take getting beat or does he just have a screw loose

I don't see why. If Moshiri is the real deal then he should provide Koeman with the funds regardless. Koeman is ruthless enough to let someone (see Niasse) sit in the reserves if they're not good enough but refuse to leave. And I doubt we'd get any decent money for the dross that needs shipping out.

Well clearly you know him better than anyone on here, so if he's available and looks decent then surely he is an absolute no brainer

You don't get many players who can play 3-4 positions in this day and age

Probably not that expensive if he's coming from Russia too

What triggers him to have the mind melts of madness? Is he a winner & cant take getting beat or does he just have a screw loose

There was always a 'reason' to them mate, ongoing stuff in a game where he';d kind of either get his won back (keane style) or a couple of times he just outright flattened someone for trying to cripple him, not been anythign for a whilst though and seems to have calmed down a fair bit, but in reality he is just really combative and wants to win/passionate (think of a younger rooney the way he got slaughtered for bookings and red cards by the press)

There was always a 'reason' to them mate, ongoing stuff in a game where he';d kind of either get his won back (keane style) or a couple of times he just outright flattened someone for trying to cripple him, not been anythign for a whilst though and seems to have calmed down a fair bit, but in reality he is just really combative and wants to win/passionate (think of a younger rooney the way he got slaughtered for bookings and red cards by the press)
Brilliant sounds like he has the character we are looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back