Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I largely swerved the last one but weirdly feel re-energised for this one, especially given the fume potential as so many are saying this is the window Koeman needs to get "his" players in so he can play "his" way.

I know absolutely nothing about him but am instantly drawn to a guy called Jack Bonaventura!

We'll be buying absolutely nobody this January, rendering the 2,000 pages of speculation completely redundant. By summer, nobody will have learned and we'll be back open for business.

vlcsnap-790936.jpg

Don't even need a grainy YouTube video, I am fully on board with signing Jack.

Who on your list is your favourite?

Well dont tell Mikey, but this VVD seems the real deal, he would be the only "must have", the rest are just punts based off their stats and match rating this season, but shhh, dont tell anybody the formula, I removed all the "out of reach" players such as Neymar and some fella called Messi, I also of course removed anybody under 5 foot 10 and then formulated a list.

Ive said too much.

I don't know why anyone is naive enough to believe that Van Dijk, or anyone of such a stellar nature will be signing for us in January.

If you think players of his stature - and transfer value - will be featuring in a Finch Farm photograph, you are as deluded as Koeman.

As was the case in Summer with John Stones , the only way we will have anything meaningful to spend is if we sell one of our better players to provide the funds.

That means Lukaku.

And that means one massive step back before we even think about a debatable step forward.

Also, if anyone thinks there will be a much-vaunted clear out at the same time, they are equally as misguided.

We could only shift McGeady on loan (again), before the start of the season and couldn't even do that with Niasse.

So the likes of Cleverly, McCarthy, Lennon, Kone and that useless waster, Gibson, will all still be drawing a salary until the end of the season and probably beyond.

God knows who we will bring in. But be warned against raising your expectations. This is Everton, remember. We've had quarter of a century of these feverishly over-hyped false dawns.

Pinning all your hopes to Walsh might be ill-advised too. He has still to prove he was the guru that facilitated the Leicester miracle last season.

Worst of all, it looks likely we shall have to entrust anything we spend to our [Poor language removed] of a Dutch manager, who apart from Gueye has so far acquired us a dodgy keeper who he dropped at his previous club, an ageing defender to play alongside our other ageing defenders, an over-priced runner who's now out for the season and a no-mark loanee forward who never gets off the bench.

If you know your history, you will know that transfer windows at Everton are the biggest piece of fan-pleasing PR bullshit in the so-called Premier League.

But why worry? Koeman will probably tell anyone worth his salt that he could do better elsewhere anyway...

I don't know why anyone is naive enough to believe that Van Dijk, or anyone of such a stellar nature will be signing for us in January.

If you think players of his stature - and transfer value - will be featuring in a Finch Farm photograph, you are as deluded as Koeman.

As was the case in Summer with John Stones , the only way we will have anything meaningful to spend is if we sell one of our better players to provide the funds.

That means Lukaku.

And that means one massive step back before we even think about a debatable step forward.

Also, if anyone thinks there will be a much-vaunted clear out at the same time, they are equally as misguided.

We could only shift McGeady on loan (again), before the start of the season and couldn't even do that with Niasse.

So the likes of Cleverly, McCarthy, Lennon, Kone and that useless waster, Gibson, will all still be drawing a salary until the end of the season and probably beyond.

God knows who we will bring in. But be warned against raising your expectations. This is Everton, remember. We've had quarter of a century of these feverishly over-hyped false dawns.

Pinning all your hopes to Walsh might be ill-advised too. He has still to prove he was the guru that facilitated the Leicester miracle last season.

Worst of all, it looks likely we shall have to entrust anything we spend to our [Poor language removed] of a Dutch manager, who apart from Gueye has so far acquired us a dodgy keeper who he dropped at his previous club, an ageing defender to play alongside our other ageing defenders, an over-priced runner who's now out for the season and a no-mark loanee forward who never gets off the bench.

If you know your history, you will know that transfer windows at Everton are the biggest piece of fan-pleasing PR bullshit in the so-called Premier League.

But why worry? Koeman will probably tell anyone worth his salt that he could do better elsewhere anyway...

Blimey

*goes back to bed depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back