Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said many times that it is those in charge of transfers who let us down. As is those in charge of commercial deals, marketing deals (kitbag), outsourcing catering, in fact most aspects of our club except those in charge of community work, where we are World-Class!

The modern transfer starts with (rightly or wrongly) agent contact, not the players club.

"Hello, Mr Agent? Will your client join? What do you think we can get him for? That's too expensive, if you help us negotiate a £15m or lower fee then we will pay you £1m extra in agent fees. Get your client to push for a transfer. Another £500k for you if the transfer is concluded in 5 working days and there are no rival bids. Ok sound, ring me back in an hour then, we will book a private jet for a medical"

Not the:
"Hi Zenith St Petersburg FC, it's Bill Kenwright here, from Everton and the West End? I used to sit in the boys pen did you know? So we kinda like your player Axel Witsel, how much would it take to purchase him?"
"Not for sale - maybe at £50m"
"how about £7.25m over 10 seasons"
"[Poor language removed] off Bill - dont call here again"

2 days later

"£8.85m"
"We dont want to speak to you either Mr Elstone you wee bell"
................Dial tone

I haven't seen much of him but apparently he's meant to have been instrumental in West Broms recent run of form, so it'd probably be difficult to convince them to sell. I thought the same about Ashley Williams though to be fair and we managed to get him in.

i've always liked him, much better at left back than in left mid because of his attacking adventurous nature, i'm just not sure he's everton good. He's definitely a decent squad filler, but his injury record does concern me. I don't see the point in letting go of oviedo and bringing him in when both have a similar injury record.

I saw the person with the highest fantasy team points had brunt as their captain this week, helped him claim a team total of 154 o_O

Baines will be IMO.

He proved the other night he's still got more than enough left. He's only 32 ffs.

What he does need is quality competition/somebody to take over in the long term.

Jags, yes, I think we may well see leave. If not in Jan, he'll be gone in the summer.
Robertson at hull has always stood out for me whenever I've seen hull. Not difficult I know because they are so poor, but he reminds me so much of young Leighton Baines. Brady at Norwich could also be another option to challenge Baines.

I'm still here.
fm.webp
KWJ.webp

Do I?

I thought this was the January transfer thread.
Touche. But I wouldn't turn away a good player like Rondon because it's January for any reason. Maybe we want to play 2 up front from time to time. Maybe Rom needs a break so he doesn't die. Maybe we like to have quality back ups. Maybe we just plan ahead and get players acclimated. He's exactly the type of player we should want IMO.

Will the mole be coming out of hibernation this transfer window??

Telegraph report similar. £24m, but staged, (yeah, I know), depending on stuff. Depay mentioned as a season loan to cover Bolasie.

Too many sources, on here and in the real world, to suggest its hot air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back