Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aimed high in the last window and that didn't pan out too well, slow and steady building process and attracting better quality as and when we look a more attractive proposition. If I was Brunt looking at us at the minute do we really seem like that much of a better option? I doubt we do.
I know what you mean but I do think part of that was down to the timings of the appointments of Koeman and Walsh (clearly it was partly down to our diminished reputation and geographical location as well though). I would still like to think that we could attract a higher standard of player than Brunt but I guess we will find out over the next two windows. I do think we are still a more attractive option than WBA - surely we haven't fallen that far, it was bad enough acknowledging that players would rather play for West Ham and [shudder] Stoke in previous windows - but again I think that we will find out if that is true very soon.

I know what you mean but I do think part of that was down to the timings of the appointments of Koeman and Walsh (clearly it was partly down to our diminished reputation and geographical location as well though). I would still like to think that we could attract a higher standard of player than Brunt but I guess we will find out over the next two windows. I do think we are still a more attractive option than WBA - surely we haven't fallen that far, it was bad enough acknowledging that players would rather play for West Ham and [shudder] Stoke in previous windows - but again I think that we will find out if that is true very soon.

Fair point mate, it's an important transfer window and I won't be at all unhappy with Brunt coming in, but I'd also like a couple of younger better quality players as well.

I must say I'm glad we're in for someone like Chris Brunt. He has the sort of character and leadership our side has been lacking for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back