Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he just is mate. It's close and neither are really good enough to be our future keeper but Stekelenburg is slightly better than Robles.

It's the whole absence makes the heart grow fonder thing. We've not seen Joel for ages and Stek has made a few errors, as keepers do. But it's like people think Robles wouldn't have made any errors at all.

Either way, new keeper soon as please Farhad.
I agree neither are good enough but i dont think its close at all, Stek is absolutley crap whilst Joel is bang average.

You're talking bobbins. Pickford has made a couple of mistakes this season, not saying he won't be decent like but you have no idea. He's played 16 games in the premier league, of which I'm making a generous estimate that you've fully watched 3-4 of. How you can start saying he's a definite England international is beyond me.

Can you quote me saying he is a definite England international?

Looked brilliant before he went to villa...great there as well, then boom..out for the season and they go into freefall.

....yep, apparently unbeaten when he's played this season. From what I read he was defensively culpable when he first joined Villa and Sherwood wasn't keen but he appears to have tightened that aspect of his game. Only 5ft 9in but delivers a good ball and is useful going forward.

I notice there are now a number linking us to him now but that might be as a result of the original report.

....yep, apparently unbeaten when he's played this season. From what I read he was defensively culpable when he first joined Villa and Sherwood wasn't keen but he appears to have tightened that aspect of his game. Only 5ft 9in but delivers a good ball and is useful going forward.

I notice there are now a number linking us to him now but that might be as a result of the original report.

Think he was France's next lb to come through, then he joined villa and got crocked.

We're would Alan fit in if we bought him who would he replace if everyone fit & firing or would he be back up.

Obviously with afcon Gueye out but thinking more long term

Suppose it all depends on who else we bought mate, he can play either wing or dropped off the striekr as well as centre mid, just a guess like but don't think Koeman rates any of our wingers so more than likely there (especially with Bolasie out for a year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back