Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're would Alan fit in if we bought him who would he replace if everyone fit & firing or would he be back up.

Obviously with afcon Gueye out but thinking more long term

Suppose it all depends on who else we bought mate, he can play either wing or dropped off the striekr as well as centre mid, just a guess like but don't think Koeman rates any of our wingers so more than likely there (especially with Bolasie out for a year)

We're would Alan fit in if we bought him who would he replace if everyone fit & firing or would he be back up.

Obviously with afcon Gueye out but thinking more long term

Suppose it all depends on who else we bought mate, he can play either wing or dropped off the striekr as well as centre mid, just a guess like but don't think Koeman rates any of our wingers so more than likely there (especially with Bolasie out for a year)

Why is everyone only spouting out names of English goalkeepers? There are far better - and cheaper - around in Europe we could be going for.

Think in such a key position it's good to have a player with some experience of the PL mate.

The risks with somebody like Karius are there for all to see.

I hope once the news about the accounts filters out - and that we're now a debt free club with a majority shareholder (soon to be owner) who is investing in the club - that it will make us a more attractive proposition for prospective signings.

Think in such a key position it's good to have a player with some experience of the PL mate.

The risks with somebody like Karius are there for all to see.
Hit the nail on the head...

The "certainties" in the foreign markets are either too expensive or won't come. Karius will have highlighted the risk of going with those not proven...

Forster is the one I wish we could get. Liked him at Celtic, like him at Southampton. He is just a mountain of a man to have between the sticks. I don't think we will move for a keeper in January, but hope we test Southampton's resolve in the summer.

Nope, he was good in those 2 games, and what? He's been crap in plenty of games

Maybe we should play Kone ahead of Lukuku because he replaced him in the second half against Yeovil and put him to shame?

Yeah because that's how it works.

You're claiming Stekelenburg is crap but admit he's been good in at least the two games I mentioned.

Great logic.

As I say, it's the absence of Robles that makes him seem anywhere near better than he is.

As @ToffeeTim says. Neither are good enough.

i'd like us to look at Lascelles, i saw him a fair bit at nottingham forest, and he was decent, seems to improved and is doing well for newcastle now.

i'd like us to look at Lascelles, i saw him a fair bit at nottingham forest, and he was decent, seems to improved and is doing well for newcastle now.

looked very very average when they played at Goodison, and that was against a Martinez side!
Maybe a year in the championship will do him good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back