Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughed today heard we are being linked with Sissoko. Remember the player who had no interest in signing for us. Why would we now want him?

Can't get in the spurs side and has been shown to be no good at the top level

Now I know why we want him. Everton are comical

HOT off the press, I bring to my people, Hot List 4.

Stéphane RuffierSaint-Etienne, 30, GK

Ricardo PereiraNice, 23, D(LR),M(R)
Fernando MarçalGuingamp, 27, D(L)
Loic PerrinSaint-Etienne, 31, D(C)
Virgil van DijkSouthampton, 25, D(C)

Johannes GeisSchalke 04, 23, DMC
FabinhoMonaco, 23, D(R),DMC
Giacomo BonaventuraAC Milan, 27, AM(CLR)
Emil ForsbergRasenBallsport Leipzig, 25, AM(CL)

Thomas Lemar Monaco, 21, AM(CLR)
Felipe AndersonLazio, 23, M(CLR)

Edin DzekoRoma, 30, FW
Andrea BelottiTorino, 23, FW

Only 2 changes this week with Anderson claiming his place back in the side and Lemar pushing out the boy Ivan.

I have been saying for quite a while that I want Geis. I have watched some clips of his and I really enjoy his style of play.
I'd prefer a younger keeper though

Laughed today heard we are being linked with Sissoko. Remember the player who had no interest in signing for us. Why would we now want him?

We aren't going for Sissoko.

Whoever you 'heard' this off is chatting wham (RIP George)

If we had to choose between Lookman and Depay I'm leaning more towards Lookman, anyone else agree?

I just feel Depay hasn't really played and seems like he has a little attitude and feel like he wouldn't be all to cheery to leave united. Like we would be a step down to him

Bed

If we had to choose between Lookman and Depay I'm leaning more towards Lookman, anyone else agree?

I just feel Depay hasn't really played and seems like he has a little attitude and feel like he wouldn't be all to cheery to leave united. Like we would be a step down to him

Depay is potentially world class...

Lookman is a league 2 player BUT is in the same England youth squads as our lads.

On the one hand Id love to have Depay, on the other we could add another young English player to the ranks (holgate+Davies should be in the first 11 now). With other players coming through we could see half our team full of young English lads.

Why cant we sign both--we'd then have 2 LW players for once.

Of course Van Dijk is a better player. But reality is we are not going to get the best players this upcoming window or even the next. Last summer we struggled to attract average players. We have to gradually build up our competitiveness in all aspects, including our transfer market activity, and it takes time

Like who? I thought we tried our best to go after some real top quality players, we're looking at koulibaly, witsel, carvalho, brahimi, sissoko, gabbidaini, perez etc. These were all highly rated internationals who either moved to better clubs or had some of the best clubs in europe after them as well. I don't remember us missing out on any utteraly average players, we've finished bottom half two seasons in a row, i think we did the right thing by aiming the highest we could at the start and will now lower our targets a bit.

I
Depay is potentially world class...

Lookman is a league 2 player BUT is in the same England youth squads as our lads.

On the one hand Id love to have Depay, on the other we could add another young English player to the ranks (holgate+Davies should be in the first 11 now). With other players coming through we could see half our team full of young English lads.

Why cant we sign both--we'd then have 2 LW players for once.
I would totally love both of them but unsure of how much money we are really going to spend in the January window. Let's say we get Depay and Schneiderlin for 40-50 million and Lookman for about 10... That's basically our whole window right there. I'd love to make a push for VVD but he will probably do to Chelsea or city. I'm glad Holgate and Davies are getting playing time and loved seeing them today but with jags declining I'd love to bring in another centre half

Another tenuous link from the lower leagues. This time from the Derby Telgraph.

"Everton are reported to be plotting a big-money move for Derby County star Will Hughes.
Toffees boss Ronald Koeman has earmarked Hughes as a potential January transfer window target as he looks to bolster his midfield.

The Merseysiders have been linked with the England Under-21 international in the past, along with a string of other Premier League clubs."

I

I would totally love both of them but unsure of how much money we are really going to spend in the January window. Let's say we get Depay and Schneiderlin for 40-50 million and Lookman for about 10... That's basically our whole window right there. I'd love to make a push for VVD but he will probably do to Chelsea or city. I'm glad Holgate and Davies are getting playing time and loved seeing them today but with jags declining I'd love to bring in another centre half

I think Depay would be about the same as Schneiderlin at £18mil. He and Lookman would cost perhaps £28mil (with add ons incl) which would be the same deal or thereabouts as Bolasie.

Has to be better value.

Add in Schneiderlin and its £46mil for 3 players which is quite alot but means that LW is sorted as would be CM.

Another tenuous link from the lower leagues. This time from the Derby Telgraph.

"Everton are reported to be plotting a big-money move for Derby County star Will Hughes.
Toffees boss Ronald Koeman has earmarked Hughes as a potential January transfer window target as he looks to bolster his midfield.

The Merseysiders have been linked with the England Under-21 international in the past, along with a string of other Premier League clubs."

Linked for £15mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back