Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
maccavennies plan is the following

Flog -

Stekkers
Robles
Oviedo
Gibson
Cleverley
Niasse
Kone
McGeady
Garbutt
+5m

All to Sunderland and we get Pickford in return.

Everyone's a winner!!! ( well maybe Sunderland get the crappy end of the stick but it's all for a good cause which is Pickford comes to us )
Moyes is not that stupid to go for it !

Berahino is a younger and more prolific Shane Long....fit as a flea and will run all day. Perfect for RK's preferred style/system. In terms of attitude and persona could it be any less enthusiastic than Delefeou or Mirallas? Definitely worth a January move if under £20M.
He's scored 4 in his last 35 games. He's CRAP.

Interesting

Seems like we are shifting away from foreign mega stars to Homebred English talent.

That's if you believe the rags.

Absolutely. It is all very well signing established 28+ year old players who see Everton as a downward move but who are willing to pay their ridiculous wages but it is a very short term fix.

At least these younger prospects are eager and see Everton as a massive move up and the next stage of their careers.

Of course it is always a gamble but the England squad in five years time will contain a dozen names nobody has even heard of yet.It would be good if they also played for Everton and were being linked with Real Madrid!

If Berahino is available for anything near the £5m mark we should be all over it.

He's clearly talented, and won't ever be worth less than that.
I've never been a big advocate of Berahino as apart from the 2014/15 season his goal return isn't overly impressive and his attitude is a concern.

However, if the fee was for £5m then it could be worth the risk. Koeman could help him find his form, otherwise he'd be a good squad player.

I've never been a big advocate of Berahino as apart from the 2014/15 season his goal return isn't overly impressive and his attitude is a concern.

However, if the fee was for £5m then it could be worth the risk. Koeman could help him find his form, otherwise he'd be a good squad player.

Worst case scenario he's a bust and you flog him to a hull or Newcastle after a season probably for a profit

Worst case scenario he's a bust and you flog him to a hull or Newcastle after a season probably for a profit
In the best case scenario however, Koeman could help him rekindle some of his form and he challenges for the starting XI and offers goals.

Either way, if we were in need of an offensive change and you offered me Berahino, Valencia or Koné off the bench I know who I'd choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back