Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte - he wont break up that defensive unit till next year at earliest.
Pep - any player going to City, especially in defence, is on a hiding to nothing. I have my doubts whether Pep will be there in a year or so anyway.

Liverpool were keen but have been distancing themselves away via the media. Would love it if its damage limitation as he wants the move here. Pretty good chance he is keen like.
Like I say, biggest thing will be Saints as they will be loathe to lose him to us.

i have no sympathy for them if it happens then. Liverpool rip their team apart every summer when they're direct rivals and yet every summer they're happy for them to come back. We take their manager and they hold some big grudge against us. Don't particularly want van dijk, think we could get a more solid defender myself, but kinda want us to get him for the fume.

I can see 4 defos

Morgs 20m
Deeps 20m
Lookman 10m
Striker 20m

The rest will depend on what Outs we can do.
Wouldn't read anything into any rehashed rumours mate, still think the gabbiadini one is tosh myself

I'm on fire so far mate ;)

Schneids -18m
Depay - 13m
Dolberg - 20m
Dzagoev- 15m
Virgil- 40m

and a few young lids - Lookman and 1 other from the championship...

The boy Jamo near the end of the window, Geri, Jags if we purchase a CB, Robles if we purchase a GK, then theres the others such as The Clev, Gibson and hopefully Kone.
Don't really see the point in ridding Robles if we signed another goalie? Don't we want 3?

So new number 1, Robles number 2 and Stekkers 3

I can see 4 defos

Morgs 20m
Deeps 20m
Lookman 10m
Striker 20m

The rest will depend on what Outs we can do.

morgs and lookman £30mil

not sure on the rest, were even linked with tymon at hull 17 year old lb who i was asking @hullefc about earlier...

i think we will make a couple of outrageous moves in the market...

6 in
7 out

Don't really see the point in ridding Robles if we signed another goalie? Don't we want 3?

So new number 1, Robles number 2 and Stekkers 3

If Robles stays hes an idiot.

Us signing another Keeper should be the signal for the lad to seek first team football elsewhere.

No offence to the lid, I like him and would keep him, but just saying.

If Robles stays hes an idiot.

Us signing another Keeper should be the signal for the lad to seek first team football elsewhere.

No offence to the lid, I like him and would keep him, but just saying.
Oh yeah fair enough but the same could be said for any player sitting it out on the bench the majority of the time really.

I'd pref to have someone like Robles who is semi capable as the number 2, than sign another crap goalie who will have to readjust all over again etc

Oh yeah fair enough but the same could be said for any player sitting it out on the bench the majority of the time really.

I'd pref to have someone like Robles who is semi capable as the number 2, than sign another crap goalie who will have to readjust all over again etc

carlo cudicini...1 season pfa keeper team of the season...next season benched for cech

Say goodbye to;

Jags
Cleverly
Niasse
Leandro (Is he even still here?)
Tarashaj
Gibson
Kone
Edit: Mcgeady ffs

And replace them with actual footballers.

Last edited:
Anybody else think we probably aren't actually looking at buying Depay if we are signing lookman? Unless, of course we are shifting The likes of Mcgeady/Lennon of whom I forgot to add to my list above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back