Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
hasn't he supposed to have a buy out clause miles below that figure, sure I read somewhere he had one.

Yeah but it looks like if VVD is available, there will be a "bidding war" between the two heavyweights of Chelski & City with the bantamweight EFC chugging up at the rear throwing in chickenfeed bids to keep the media amused

Don't think he'll be coming here but Sigurdsson over at Swansea is someone we could be looking at. Surely they wouldn't want THAT much for him? His delivery is unbelievable, go as far as to say it's the best in the league.

Don't think he'll be coming here but Sigurdsson over at Swansea is someone we could be looking at. Surely they wouldn't want THAT much for him? His delivery is unbelievable, go as far as to say it's the best in the league.
I think a lot of us feel we need a Sigurdsson type player - but is he fast enough for the way Koeman is looking to play? He wants players to run at the opposition.

They would be mad to le him go with the state they are in atm so no chance but in the summer who knows

Sky Sport Twitter saying we have expressed interest in Gylfi Sigurddson Swansea would be good signing if a deal could be done.

I think a lot of us feel we need a Sigurdsson type player - but is he fast enough for the way Koeman is looking to play? He wants players to run at the opposition.

Koeman will prefer his number 10 to be a Lukaku foil, which will mean a fast nippy player of the Mane/Valencia type or even a tall hole dweller such as a Shane Long/Manolo Gabbiadini.

Koeman will expect the magic to come from the wings, at times we will play 4-3-3, with Ross in the midfield diamond and Rom flanked by 2 wing forwards, also a 3-5-2, with 2 full backs and somebody up top with the big man and also a 4-2-3-1, this transfer window will be used to add options and also to ditch as much deadwood as we can.

Im expecting him to get the targets he had from the summer, which were :

A midfield presence at DM/CM, somebody able to control both defending and attacking aspects of the midfield role
An utter monster of a CB, that kills first and asks questions later
A player to bridge midfield and attack, not your number 10 like Ross, but rather a second striker almost

He will also be requiring a player to replace Yala
Theres a desire for a GK, but its not as pressing as other aspects.

We are also likely to see a few more deals of the Lookman ilk.

Currently im expecting 4 Ins, big players that will slot into the first team
And also 3 players of a young age that will also be in and around the first team, but more considered "for the future".

We have a vast number of players that will be available at various times during the window, its difficult to say how many, but if pushed I would guess at a around 5/6.

So currently im saying :

7 Ins
5+ Outs

Koeman will prefer his number 10 to be a Lukaku foil, which will mean a fast nippy player of the Mane/Valencia type or even a tall hole dweller such as a Shane Long/Manolo Gabbiadini.

Koeman will expect the magic to come from the wings, at times we will play 4-3-3, with Ross in the midfield diamond and Rom flanked by 2 wing forwards, also a 3-5-2, with 2 full backs and somebody up top with the big man and also a 4-2-3-1, this transfer window will be used to add options and also to ditch as much deadwood as we can.

Im expecting him to get the targets he had from the summer, which were :

A midfield presence at DM/CM, somebody able to control both defending and attacking aspects of the midfield role
An utter monster of a CB, that kills first and asks questions later
A player to bridge midfield and attack, not your number 10 like Ross, but rather a second striker almost

He will also be requiring a player to replace Yala
Theres a desire for a GK, but its not as pressing as other aspects.

We are also likely to see a few more deals of the Lookman ilk.

Currently im expecting 4 Ins, big players that will slot into the first team
And also 3 players of a young age that will also be in and around the first team, but more considered "for the future".

We have a vast number of players that will be available at various times during the window, its difficult to say how many, but if pushed I would guess at a around 5/6.

So currently im saying :

7 Ins
5+ Outs
I think that's spot on with how we are going to play.

I know, I don't think he'd be an outright starter every week. Just that every time I've watched him this season he's been carrying them.

Combine the lad's delivery and with a player like Pienaar who was superb at winning free kicks around the opposition area and we'd be onto something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back