Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
A midfield presence at DM/CM, somebody able to control both defending and attacking aspects of the midfield role

Is that Schneiderlin to you? Not for me. Don't ask me who is, but Schneiderlin isn't the player for me.

That spot next to Gueye is for the taking right now and we desperately need someone who can spot runs that Rom makes and get the pass through to him. Our center midfield is so static and makes us easy to defend against because, as you noted above, all of our threat is coming from out wide.

I sometimes day dream about the best little Spaniard we know saving us from the dreary football we have been watching for the last two-three years. Someone with a bit of magic to create from the middle of the park.

I thought Barkley would be that player but he isn't going to be. Can't be relied upon to perform defensively in the middle and making the right decision and playing the properly-weighted pass isn't his game, if it was he'd be doing it playing further up as he does now.

I agree with your observations for what else is required. I'd throw a top winger in there as well with Bolasie being out, I don't think Lookman is going to help us out immediately and that's what we need right now.

Is that Schneiderlin to you? Not for me. Don't ask me who is, but Schneiderlin isn't the player for me.

That spot next to Gueye is for the taking right now and we desperately need someone who can spot runs that Rom makes and get the pass through to him. Our center midfield is so static and makes us easy to defend against because, as you noted above, all of our threat is coming from out wide.

I sometimes day dream about the best little Spaniard we know saving us from the dreary football we have been watching for the last two-three years. Someone with a bit of magic to create from the middle of the park.

I thought Barkley would be that player but he isn't going to be. Can't be relied upon to perform defensively in the middle and making the right decision and playing the properly-weighted pass isn't his game, if it was he'd be doing it playing further up as he does now.

I agree with your observations for what else is required. I'd throw a top winger in there as well with Bolasie being out, I don't think Lookman is going to help us out immediately and that's what we need right now.

No Snides isnt the number 8 with magic in his boots, thats certainly correct, ive said im not sure we will get that player this window, nor for me, is Ronny currently looking for that type of player. Gana and Snides will provide a midfield base for us to work from, Snides will be able to get up and down, safe in the knowledge that Gana will be sweeping up behind him.

If we consider the players and rumours from the Summer window, none of them were numbers 8s with magic in their boots, Witsel is a box to box, Carvs is a Deep Lying playmaker, Sissoko is a box to box, Snides is slightly different than them all also, I dont consider him box to box, but thats certainly the role he will be tasked with, he does have a decent passing range, but its not of the door unlocker variety.

The style will become clearer over the next 6 months, so its difficult to say anything with a degree of certainty.

Reactions: gez
Its up to Ronny if he signs midgets.

I personally would be advising him against it.

I can sanction this Lookman lad due to this age and the ability to grow as a player.

He's just been subbed. Kevin Boateng came on for him.

The commentator again said Everton.

I have no idea what this means. I don't speak Spanish.

Who and who?

Jacob Bedeau
Name: Jacob Bedeau

Year: First

Nationality: British

D.O.B: 24.12.1999

Position: Centre Back

Career History: I came in on trail from Leyton Orient at the end of my Under 16 season.

Bio: My biggest achievement so far is the bench appearance I made for the First Team at Gillingham away.

Read more at http://www.buryfc.co.uk/team/youthprofiles.aspx#ZYLplJZMOEEoUeGP.99

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callum_Styles

Full name Callum Styles
Date of birth 28 March 2000 (age 16)
Place of birth England
Playing position Forward

Rumors have it that Chelsea has made a 60 million bid for VVD... Moshiri better dig in his pockets if we are going to want him... Something has to happen with Schneiderlin as we are about to be without Gueye for an extended period and don't have a lot of backup... Cleverly isn't clever enough
Personally I'd try and sort a deal for Nathan ake then or Christensen the danish lad on loan in Germany from Chelsea both cracking players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back