Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Schneiderlin to you? Not for me. Don't ask me who is, but Schneiderlin isn't the player for me.

That spot next to Gueye is for the taking right now and we desperately need someone who can spot runs that Rom makes and get the pass through to him. Our center midfield is so static and makes us easy to defend against because, as you noted above, all of our threat is coming from out wide.

I sometimes day dream about the best little Spaniard we know saving us from the dreary football we have been watching for the last two-three years. Someone with a bit of magic to create from the middle of the park.

I thought Barkley would be that player but he isn't going to be. Can't be relied upon to perform defensively in the middle and making the right decision and playing the properly-weighted pass isn't his game, if it was he'd be doing it playing further up as he does now.

I agree with your observations for what else is required. I'd throw a top winger in there as well with Bolasie being out, I don't think Lookman is going to help us out immediately and that's what we need right now.
I feel you are being quite negative, schneiderlin is an up grade on Barry due to the fact, he's going to be quicker so that will help out Defensively and offensively. Barkley could well be the player to provide Lukaku and with players like Gueye and Schneiderlin Behind him he won't have to defend half as much. Unfortunately for Barry as good as he is he's getting old and he is slow and that causes problems in the modern game, you only have to see Davies there and the midfield just has much more pace and energy.
Is that Schneiderlin to you? Not for me. Don't ask me who is, but Schneiderlin isn't the player for me.

That spot next to Gueye is for the taking right now and we desperately need someone who can spot runs that Rom makes and get the pass through to him. Our center midfield is so static and makes us easy to defend against because, as you noted above, all of our threat is coming from out wide.

I sometimes day dream about the best little Spaniard we know saving us from the dreary football we have been watching for the last two-three years. Someone with a bit of magic to create from the middle of the park.

I thought Barkley would be that player but he isn't going to be. Can't be relied upon to perform defensively in the middle and making the right decision and playing the properly-weighted pass isn't his game, if it was he'd be doing it playing further up as he does now.

I agree with your observations for what else is required. I'd throw a top winger in there as well with Bolasie being out, I don't think Lookman is going to help us out immediately and that's what we need right now.
I feel you are being quite negative, schneiderlin is an up grade on Barry due to the fact he's going to be quicker so that will help out Defensively and offensively. I also think Barkley could well be the player to provide Lukaku and with players like Gueye and Schneiderlin Behind him he won't have to defend half as much. Unfortunately for Barry as good as he is,he's getting old and he is slow and that causes problems in the modern game, you only have to see Davies there and the midfield just has much more pace and energy. We do seem to be lacking consistant wingers so that does need addressing, hopefully Walsh has decided Lookman can come straight in a do a job for the second half of the season.

I feel you are being quite negative, schneiderlin is an up grade on Barry due to the fact, he's going to be quicker so that will help out Defensively and offensively. Barkley could well be the player to provide Lukaku and with players like Gueye and Schneiderlin Behind him he won't have to defend half as much. Unfortunately for Barry as good as he is,he's getting old and he is slow and that causes problems in the modern game, you only have to see Davies there and the midfield just has much more pace and energy. We do seem to be lacking consistant wingers so that does need addressing, hopefully Walsh has decided Lookman can come straight in a do a job for the second half of the season.

He made a fair point I thought, we need somebody to link midfield and attack, that player isnt Snides, but he will certainly bridge it better than Barry, as you say, he will offer more offensively but he made the fair point that Snides is not a door unlocker, hes a very good addition, but he cant be the only 1.

BBC sport article

Everton are close to completing an £11m deal for Charlton Athletic teenager Ademola Lookman - and will then intensify their interest in Manchester United's Morgan Schneiderlin.

Lookman, 19, is expected to have a medical at Everton shortly after terms were agreed between the clubs.

Boss Ronald Koeman will then be keen to secure a deal for Schneiderlin, 27.

The France midfielder, who played for the Dutchman at Southampton, has been told he can leave Old Trafford.

Schneiderlin has failed to figure under manager Jose Mourinho.

It is understood Everton have had a £19m bid turned down but it seems certain they will return with a renewed offer closer to United's asking price for the France international.

United are keen to recoup most, if not all, of the £24m they paid Southampton in July 2015 and have also rejected an offer from West Bromwich Albion.

Koeman wants early recruits with midfielder Idrissa Gueye, arguably Everton's most influential performer this season, now away on international duty with Senegal at the Africa Cup Of Nations, and James McCarthy out injured.

Everton also retain an interest in another player marginalised under Mourinho at Old Trafford, with Koeman an admirer of his compatriot, Netherlands forward Memphis Depay.

Forward Lookman is expected to be first in at Goodison Park, with director of football Steve Walsh making his signing a priority.

Everton - with Walsh a key figure - are embarking on a policy of recruiting emerging young talent as well as established players.

The Toffees signed teenage striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin from Sheffield United for £1.5m in August and the England youth international started the 3-0 win against Southampton on Monday after several appearances as a substitute but was forced to go off early on with an ankle injury.

Charlton had hoped Everton would loan Lookman back to them for the rest of the season but he is seen as someone who could quickly play a part at Goodison Park.

Not yet Friend, not till we have more than 2 names.

See I am finding this difficult El Frando because I have many many clever ideas that are surroundering my brain on how we can put Morgz, GanaG, Staying Definitely, T-Davs and Gylfi S in the same side

If you would like me to say it how I feel it I am happy to share it with you as I think this team is probably tackle pass pass pass pass through ball shoot goal and ok this is football what we like

He made a fair point I thought, we need somebody to link midfield and attack, that player isnt Snides, but he will certainly bridge it better than Barry, as you say, he will offer more offensively but he made the fair point that Snides is not a door unlocker, hes a very good addition, but he cant be the only 1.

Mr door unlocker himself, Mr Ever Banega.

that player is barkley so long as hes not played as a number ten mate and with two centre mids of 'quality' with engines there, he actually seems to have adapted to playing wider of the centre two and looked BOSS THERE

See I am finding this difficult El Frando because I have many many clever ideas that are surroundering my brain on how we can put Morgz, GanaG, Staying Definitely, T-Davs and Gylfi S in the same side

If you would like me to say it how I feel it I am happy to share it with you as I think this team is probably tackle pass pass pass pass through ball shoot goal and ok this is football what we like

It sounds utterly terrible, but I must see it.

Show me frandelino, show the world.

Everton are close to completing an £11m deal for Charlton Athletic teenager Ademola Lookman - and will then intensify their interest in Manchester United's Morgan Schneiderlin.

Lookman, 19, is expected to have a medical at Everton shortly after terms were agreed between the clubs.

Boss Ronald Koeman will then be keen to secure a deal for Schneiderlin, 27.

The France midfielder, who played for the Dutchman at Southampton, has been told he can leave Old Trafford.

Schneiderlin has failed to figure under manager Jose Mourinho.

It is understood Everton have had a £19m bid turned down but it seems certain they will return with a renewed offer closer to United's asking price for the France international.

United are keen to recoup most, if not all, of the £24m they paid Southampton in July 2015 and have also rejected an offer from West Bromwich Albion.

Koeman wants early recruits with midfielder Idrissa Gueye, arguably Everton's most influential performer this season, now away on international duty with Senegal at the Africa Cup Of Nations, and James McCarthy out injured.

Everton also retain an interest in another player marginalised under Mourinho at Old Trafford, with Koeman an admirer of his compatriot, Netherlands forward Memphis Depay.

Forward Lookman is expected to be first in at Goodison Park, with director of football Steve Walsh making his signing a priority.

Everton - with Walsh a key figure - are embarking on a policy of recruiting emerging young talent as well as established players.

The Toffees signed teenage striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin from Sheffield United for £1.5m in August and the England youth international started the 3-0 win against Southampton on Monday after several appearances as a substitute but was forced to go off early on with an ankle injury.

Charlton had hoped Everton would loan Lookman back to them for the rest of the season but he is seen as someone who could quickly play a part at Goodison Park.
It is all just posturing. We'll get a bid accepted. I reckon the clubs have already agreed. It's down to the player.

I'm confident Barkley will come good, if not we will have to find an attacking midfielder/secondary forward that can do that job, if Barkley can play like he has in the last few games it's his place to lose. I see Snides as a replacement for Barry so that IMO will be one problem position sorted and as I said before will improve both defending and attacking. Then we have RW and LW and with Bolasie injured I think Mirallas is quite highly thought of by Koeman So he will be used quite a lot, so I see a winger coming, I'm not counting on Lookman yet as a first teamer as I've not really seen anything of him. But if we do get him and Snides deals over the line, it's looking promising for this transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back