Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't mind fonte tbh, he's not as close to being finished as jags is, so shipping him out and replacing with fonte would be useful, but we have more pressing matters. I don't agree that we need another young centre back as some are suggesting though, we already have holgate and galloway to share the 4th/5th choice CB (mori is fairly young too), so ideally would get a big pacey no nonsense CB in their prime years to go alongside williams. But i think that'll be resolved in the summer myself.
I don't think fonte's transfer request is anything to do with us though.

I'm sorry couldn't disagree more mate. We have an elder/leader/organiser defender in Williams already. What we desperately need is a more youthful, pacy centre back that allows us to play higher up the pitch. Fonte (although a fine defender) does not meet that criteria.

leicester won the league last year with a pretty similar partnership to williams and fonte though, tbf.

The absolute state that club is in though. Losing their best ever manager and now their captain has handed in a transfer request after losing 3 on the trot and being dumped out of Europe by a pub side. All in 6 months.

Yet the pundits and media still say they are a better prospect than Everton

Le Tiss will be crying

wouldn't mind fonte tbh, he's not as close to being finished as jags is, so shipping him out and replacing with fonte would be useful, but we have more pressing matters. I don't agree that we need another young centre back as some are suggesting though, we already have holgate and galloway to share the 4th/5th choice CB (mori is fairly young too), so ideally would get a big pacey no nonsense CB in their prime years to go alongside williams. But i think that'll be resolved in the summer myself.
We have got to stop collecting 30-something centre backs at some stage though, surely. We will be flat broke if we keep looking at players three or four years from retirement.

We need a younger, faster CB to pair with Williams. Fonte is the polar opposite of that description and therefore is of zero interest unless available on a free... which he is not.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good replacement for Jags though (and by that I mean a backup).

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good replacement for Jags though (and by that I mean a backup).
I'm just saying that I don't see a lot of sense in paying a transfer fee for a 33 year old to come in and be a backup CB, even if he is better than our current #3. When we play three at the back Holgate has been doing well, so there isn't the need for our #3 guy to be coming in and taking that away from him.

As far as i'm aware they sort of knew this was coming after they decided not to offer him a new deal. Fair enough on Fonte really. He'll not be short of offers.

Thought his Issue was they only offered him a short term deal, he wanted more years, seems a familiar trend with Saints, Koeman they messed around with the same, one could almost think they do it on purpose to force people to move to get them fees, maybe now they will settle for there place as fans, little no mark club whose men stink of fish and whose woman pleasure the sailors of the world

Man United I'd bet on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back