Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
691501_computer-to-the-bin.gif

Saido-Berahino_3191515.jpg

100% worth the "risk", considering any bottom half PL team/top half championship team would pay £10m for him if it didn't work out.

We should be all over it this month, gives us a completely different option and compared to any foreign player is low risk.

If it worked out, a decent English PL forward is easily worth £25m+.

Exactly

And he's going to want to prove all his doubters wrong

We sign him and he gets say 5-10 goals for us between now and the end of the season, that's a good return IMO

We then either keep him or move him on for a profit as you say

Exactly

We sign him and he gets say 5-10 goals for us between now and the end of the season, that's a good return IMO

If he was actually available for 8m someone like west ham or stoke would have went in for him by now surely.

Makes me think he isn't available for that Price range

Exactly

We're the best club by far that would give him a chance now, Spurs have too many forward options and don't seem to be splashing cash at the moment either.

Someone like Koeman coaching him could make him.

We need a striker to help Rom and Berahino can play on the wing too. Makes sense in every way.

If he was actually available for 8m someone like west ham or stoke would have went in for him by now surely.

He's told them he's going nowhere until his contract expires. Doesn't want them getting a penny for him.

He won't move in this window unless some one stumps up 15-20 million for him. He will get a move in the summer on a bosman

It's a very messy situation

Basically, Stoke went in with 20 Million in the summer, and WBA turned it down

Saido now only has something like 6 months left on his contract, so no way he's going for something like that with so little left on his deal, and WBA are mad if they think they can sell him for that much

WBA have offered him a new deal, but he's turned it down and suspicion is they didn't really want him to sign it anyway and offered it so that, if it goes to tribunal, they can say they offered him a new deal

Stoke have basically gone in and said "How much do you want?" and WBA have refused to answer them

The Stoke fans I work with say that Pulis holds a grudge and is still sore from getting let go at Stoke, so he doesn't want to sell to them

8 Million is probably more than they'd get for him at tribunal and we don't have the residual heat with Pulis that Stoke do, hence I think if we offered between 8 and 10 Million, for a lad with that little time left on his deal, there's a good chance they'd take it, and I'm sure he'd want to come here

This is all speculation and conjecture of course, I'm hardly ITK, I'm just going off what I've been told

It's a very messy situation

Basically, Stoke went in with 20 Million in the summer, and WBA turned it down

Saido now only has something like 6 months left on his contract, so no way he's going for something like that with so little left on his deal, and WBA are mad if they think they can sell him for that much

WBA have offered him a new deal, but he's turned it down and suspicion is they didn't really want him to sign it anyway and offered it so that, if it goes to tribunal, they can say they offered him a new deal

Stoke have basically gone in and said "How much do you want?" and WBA have refused to answer them

The Stoke fans I work with say that Pulis holds a grudge and is still sore from getting let go at Stoke, so he doesn't want to sell to them

8 Million is probably more than they'd get for him at tribunal and we don't have the residual heat with Pulis that Stoke do, hence I think if we offered between 8 and 10 Million, for a lad with that little time left on his deal, there's a good chance they'd take it, and I'm sure he'd want to come here

This is all speculation and conjecture of course, I'm hardly ITK, I'm just going off what I've been told

Wouldn't surprise me to see him seeing out that 6 months and then getting a big signing on fee off someone.

Going to be funny seeing West Brom not getting a bean for him.

I think Berahino is worth the risk, especially under 10M in today's market. I fully believe wherever he ends up next season he'll score double figures once he finds his feet. His first season showed real potential, very young Sturridge like in my opinion. I don't know what's happened between him and WBA but I don't think it'll take long under RK to sort it out to play well off Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back