Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very messy situation

Basically, Stoke went in with 20 Million in the summer, and WBA turned it down

Saido now only has something like 6 months left on his contract, so no way he's going for something like that with so little left on his deal, and WBA are mad if they think they can sell him for that much

WBA have offered him a new deal, but he's turned it down and suspicion is they didn't really want him to sign it anyway and offered it so that, if it goes to tribunal, they can say they offered him a new deal

Stoke have basically gone in and said "How much do you want?" and WBA have refused to answer them

The Stoke fans I work with say that Pulis holds a grudge and is still sore from getting let go at Stoke, so he doesn't want to sell to them

8 Million is probably more than they'd get for him at tribunal and we don't have the residual heat with Pulis that Stoke do, hence I think if we offered between 8 and 10 Million, for a lad with that little time left on his deal, there's a good chance they'd take it, and I'm sure he'd want to come here

This is all speculation and conjecture of course, I'm hardly ITK, I'm just going off what I've been told

I read a year or so ago the reason west brom didn't want to sell him for so much at the time was because it would mean Pulis would put the money through his agent mates rather than sign individual players.

no idea any truth in it

Edit- more info, it was not long after he got the job so they were worried he would just sign certain players rather than not having faith in him!

In fact I hear WBA are after Cleverly. Straight swap for Saido, definitely worth the risk if it's for free considering most of us value Tom at close to nothing when he's wearing a blue shirt...

There's no way they'd do a straight swap, they'd want some money as well

Cleverley and maybe 5 Million wouldn't be too bad a deal, considering we got Clev on a free

We'd need another CM besides just Morgs though

Some of these are unrealistic I think, mainly the last two

I'd have Morgan The Schneiderman, Sandwich Loftus-Cheek, Jack Butland and Virgil Van Dijk

So that'd be a window of

Lookman
Saido
Morgs
Sandwich
Butland
Virge

The spine of the team would be stronger at least IMO

Sorry I meant as a striker if and when Saido doesn't happen. Any others take your fancy?

We're the best club by far that would give him a chance now, Spurs have too many forward options and don't seem to be splashing cash at the moment either.

Someone like Koeman coaching him could make him.

We need a striker to help Rom and Berahino can play on the wing too. Makes sense in every way.
Can't see him and Koeman as a good fit. Berahino chucks his toys out of the pram on Twitter over the smallest perceived slight and Koeman slags off his players publically after almost every match.

Do not really think koemans coaching makes a considerable difference on players and should not really be used to excite what are simply and plainly boring and uninspiring targets

Sorry I meant as a striker if and when Saido doesn't happen. Any others take your fancy?

I'm struggling to be honest

Most of the decent strikers won't want to come in and play second fiddle to Rom

For instance, I rate that Rondon, enough to spend something like 15-20 Million on him, but would he come here to be back up?

If it were a case than Koeman would regularly play two up top, then I'd be all for that, but I don't think he would so why would Rondon give up regular first team football to come here and not play as often?

Saido is unique in the sense that he is good enough for first team football, but he's also so miserable at WBA that playing as back up for a while under Rom would actually be a step up for him, hence why the deal makes so much sense

Huntelaar is into his 30's now, so his days as a regular starter could be on the wane and back up at a PL team might appeal to him, but how likely is he to leave Schalke?

It's very difficult

In fact I hear WBA are after Cleverly. Straight swap for Saido, definitely worth the risk if it's for free considering most of us value Tom at close to nothing when he's wearing a blue shirt...
Not really a fair swap though mate is it?

Niasse+Mcgeady+Gibson+Cleverley for Berahinio perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back