Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this idea that people have that we'll just be able to put our plethora of tosh players on the market and sides would jump to sign them.

It's a miracle we've got Niasse off the books (or soon will have anyway).

january is a sellers market. and we aint really selling, were 'giving away' in some cases. we could defo shift them if we really wanted.

january is a sellers market. and we aint really selling, were 'giving away' in some cases. we could defo shift them if we really wanted.

We do really want to.

But we can't make clubs come in for players.

Cleverley, I reckon there's a strong chance somebody will come in for him.

Gibson and Kone, I hold out no hope.

gibbo may not go, as his fresh deal is worth staying around for and prices him out of a move i suspect.

what a ridiculous decision to give him 2 more years in april.

Who actually gave him the contract? When he signed that deal Koeman was still at Soton.

imo the only 'credible' sources are journos that have been briefed from the club. Doesn't seem as leaky now.

Andy Hunter
Richard Buxton
Paul Joyce
Chris Bascombe
Phil McNulty

Guess you could add Matt Law to that list as he broke the Moshiri news first, but he's usually just trying to sell our players. The Echo don't get anything these days it seems, guess they don't 'owe' Everton anything now.

Dunno if Law is sourced at all, but he won't tend to go to print with anythign unless he is sure of it as he can be, so in that respect he is someone whose worth checking for news with

I love this idea that people have that we'll just be able to put our plethora of tosh players on the market and sides would jump to sign them.

It's a miracle we've got Niasse off the books (or soon will have anyway).

In theory yes mate i agree, in practise we have somehow managed to get someone to take quite possible one of the worst ever players i have seen us have, in that regards we can shift Niasse = we can possibly shift anyone

Caught the end of some journalist chatting in talksport this morning, he mentioned berahino to us once again. For a nominal fee and as back up to rom, I'd take him.

Fee won't be that nominal for him though, it's not like he can walk on a free from them in 6 months, it will still go to a tribunal to set the compensation due to his age, so minimum of 8m theyd get looking at Ings and what he cost the rs, them having previously turned down a 20m bid from spurs and anythign they turn down this window would also set a benchmark value that a tribunal would have to facotr in.

Guess is a tribunal would srt him around 8-10m, to get him in early would cost at least that amount.

We do really want to.

But we can't make clubs come in for players.

Cleverley, I reckon there's a strong chance somebody will come in for him.

Gibson and Kone, I hold out no hope.

Mornin' TOFF...

Spot on with CLEV mate, for whatever reason, he's rated by many it seems...:Blink:

KONE would prob do OK but in a different division entirely, can't think of anything in the Prem that'd take him and if they did it be as cover because - and I hear he's a truly nice geezer like - he's just not a great footballer is he? GIBSON same really, could prob do a commanding job in a lower league. Well, for that 20 mins per season he's fit anyway...

I'm just astonished NIASSE was on 55k pw.

Mornin' TOFF...

Spot on with CLEV mate, for whatever reason, he's rated by many it seems...:Blink:

KONE would prob do OK but in a different division entirely, can't think of anything in the Prem that'd take him and if they did it be as cover because - and I hear he's a truly nice geezer like - he's just not a great footballer is he? GIBSON same really, could prob do a commanding job in a lower league. Well, for that 20 mins per season he's fit anyway...

I'm just astonished NIASSE was on 55k pw.

Cleverley, technically decent, runs around a lot and looks busy, was touted from a young age as a huge propsect etc, players like that tend to always have someone willing to take a punt on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back