Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he is as good as his dad he will be handy

...as I said, hid dad was very decent but had no real pace and brittle legs. I think he suffered lots with injury and might've had to retire early. This boy is a forward too and is clearly talented. A better mover than his old man but time will tell if he's as good.

....he does look a top prospect from the clips.
I know you follow the youth teams, I read the other that unsy and Joe can sign their own players, with a view to advancing the Prem 2 chances. I like Unsy think he's got a good eye and would make a sound manager
any thoughts

But what happens if our goal machine Lukaku gets injured?

Belfodil may well be the man to generate space for Lukaku but he doesn't strike me as the person to step into his shoes if needed.

I suppose you don't think that we will splash the cash for another 20+ goals striker who will happily stay on the bench waiting for Lukaku to get injured.
If he gets injured, we will suffer anyway.

...imagine when he grows up. I would think he'd definitely be with U23s. He's got decent size and frame, he just needs to fill it but some of the other clips show real talent.

Like to see us poach more talent from other academies instead of waiting till they're in their 20's and cost a fortune. Joel Asoro and Lee Connolly from Sunderland would be nice to add to the forward line.

I know you follow the youth teams, I read the other that unsy and Joe can sign their own players, with a view to advancing the Prem 2 chances. I like Unsy think he's got a good eye and would make a sound manager
any thoughts

...well we know Unsworth recommended Calvert-Lewin. He and Royle are watching plenty of games at this level so it does make sense although I doubt they are empowered to 'sign their own players'. I expect they make recommendations to SW and the Board.

Regarding Unsworth, I think a key unknown for youth managers is their ability in the transfer market. If he recommends players who eventually come through (Calvert-Lewin), it does reflect his aptitude.

I watched quite a lot of youth matches, not just us and I am amazed how young talent is wasted because no one will take a chance. That's why I think its great that Unsy and Joe can look for and sign these youngsters.

George Hirst is really highly rated by the England youth setup. He'd be a great prospect if we got him.

If we get Berahino and Belfodil I imagine Koeman will go 4-3-3

Those 3 up front.

Gueye, Snides and Barkley on midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back