Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we sign a keeper, a centre back and a striker then that makes us very solid, but still painfully lacking in any creativity. It's clearly not his intention to play an attacking number 10, so we need 2 new wingers to provide pace and crosses. Bolasie is effectively a write off so we need 2.

If we sign a keeper, a centre back and a striker then that makes us very solid, but still painfully lacking in any creativity. It's clearly not his intention to play an attacking number 10, so we need 2 new wingers to provide pace and crosses. Bolasie is effectively a write off so we need 2.

2 or 2 more? Be surprised if we get more than 1 more, unless Lookman isn't first team ready. He was giving time to DCL so I'd think Lookman would also get time. Then Valencia, Mirallas and Geri/Lennon, although one or more of these could be off as well.

TEF noting rumblings regarding interest in Valere Germain of Monoco..... Looks a tidy player. Kone/Niasse out Germain/Belfodil in?

Maybe West Brom have given us a price for berahino and we've knocked the Algerian on the head and that's why he played today

Not to my knowledge. In any case, it still clarifies nothing as to who has the final say so. Even Rodgers declared he was the man ultimately with that decision at Liverpool.

Koeman recently said he has his preferred targets and if they aren't attainable he won't accept any "back-ups" in that position. Pretty sure without saying it he has final say on a transfer. I can't see someone as stern as him allowing a player to be signed for his team that he's not okay'd first.

2 or 2 more? Be surprised if we get more than 1 more, unless Lookman isn't first team ready. He was giving time to DCL so I'd think Lookman would also get time. Then Valencia, Mirallas and Geri/Lennon, although one or more of these could be off as well.

I like Bolasie but we effectively need to replace him, I like Del but he's seemingly off so I think Kev is only one remotely good enough now. Lennon ain't good enough nor is Valencia and as you say, the boy Lookman needs plenty of time and patience.

Kev and Lookman would ideally be our two back up wingers, so I genuinely think we need 2 more. Depay on loan is worth a punt but there's no other names mentioned suggesting they don't think it's a priority. Be surprised if we sign more than 1 winger but we need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back